Email the Gathering staff, or call us at 215-561-1700, ex. 3200 (Monday-Friday, 9:30 am-4:30 pm EST).
Questions about completing and paying registration
- I haven't received a confirmation email--am I registered?
- I'm stuck in the online registration form and can't move on. Help!
- How do I make a partial payment as I complete my registration form?
- What is the difference between Half-Time and Part-Time registrations?
- How do I make a payment?
- How do I pay with a credit card?
- I'm having trouble making a credit card payment online. What should I do?
- I made a larger credit card payment than I intended. What should I do?
- My meeting has given me a scholarship. To whom do I send the check?
- Why do you ask me about my ethnicity/race?
Questions about changing your registration form
- How do I enter my completed registration to change it?
- How do I get into a FULL workshop (after April 19)?
- Other workshop registration questions
- I just changed my registration. Why is my bill wrong?
Questions about Junior Gathering
- Click here to see Frequently Asked Questions about Junior Gathering
Housing and Meals questions
- Will I have access to a fridge?
- Will I be able to control the temperature in my room if I pick air-conditioned housing?
- If I want to buy just a few meals in the dining center, what are the prices?
- Where can I buy food on campus or nearby besides the cafeteria?
- Can I get housing if I need to arrive a day early?
Packing and Traveling Questions
- Confused about when to arrive?
- What do I need to bring?
- What is provided for dorm linens?
- Where are driving directions to WCU?
- How can I view the carpool list?
Questions about what to expect on the WCU campus
- Where can I find a campus map with the Gathering buildings?
- How can people reach me at the Gathering?
- What about internet access on campus?
- Will we have access to a swimming pool on campus?
- How do I sign up for field trips?
- When will I learn the details about my airport van or Greensboro bus arrangements?
- Any tips on planning my week?
- What is the mailing address for conference registrants?
Bring the check with you to the Gathering. Please e-mail the check amount and the names to credit payment to. Send to the Gathering Office with a subject heading "Gathering Payment." Checks should be made out to "FGC Gathering," with a note in the memo line that includes the name of the registrant.
The FGC office mailing address is 1216 Arch St, 2B, Philadelphia, PA 19107.
I click NEXT and nothing happens. Scroll to the top of your screen to look for a red error message. If you missed answering a required question or didn't use the required format (for example you used a space or a letter when a number was required), the form won't let you proceed to the next page. But it will describe the error to you.
How do I make a partial payment at the end of my registration form? If these instructions don't help, then click "Needs staff processing (aid, refunds, adjustments)" as your payment option and pay at the Gathering. Do not leave your credit card number on our voice mail!
I've tried everything and I'm still stuck! Click SAVE at the bottom of the page and leave a message at 215-561-1700, option 2 on the menu. Come to the Money Matters table at check-in to complete your registration.
Send an email to email@example.com with your name, the amount you charged, and the amount you wanted to charge. We will try to get refunds processed quickly, but at this point can not promise refunds until after the Gathering. Please do not send your credit card number to us via email and do not leave it on our voicemail!
Half-Time registrants may choose on-campus housing and a meal plan. There are only two half-time options: Sunday-Wednesday, or Wednesday through Saturday. Read more about the Half-Time registration.
Part-time registrants may register for as little as one day. There is no on campus housing or meal plan for part-timers. Individual meals are available for purchase at the cafeteria.
Both Half-Time and Part-Time options are only available to adults. Children and high schoolers must be full-time registrants.
Beginning June 16th it is not possible to modify your registration yourself. When you check in at the Gathering, go to the Workshop Changes table if you wish to change your workshop. Except for accommodating new medical needs, the only housing or meal plan change we will accept on-site is moving from coop dining to a two- or three-meal plan. There will be a $15 fee for all changes.
On-site, we strongly urge people to pay with check or cash. Checks should be payable to FGC Gathering. Credit card payments may be made online at any time. Follow the instructions below to access your registration account online.
Please minimize use of "reward" credit cards. FGC pays twice the fees when you use a reward credit card, especially Mastercard World Elite and Visa Signature Preferred cards. To help FGC minimize the fees it pays, whenever possible:
- Make payments over $400 by check
- Use a debit card instead of a credit card
- Minimize use of “Mastercard World Elite” or “Visa Signature Preferred” reward cards. Regardless of the amount of payment, FGC always prefers a check to payments by these cards.
To make a payment by credit card:
- Follow this link for the Gathering event.
- Enter primary registrant’s name and email address, exactly as entered on the registration form.
- Enter Confirmation Number (it’s in the primary registrant’s confirmation email, or you can click on the request button).
- Click "OK" button.
- Click "Submit Payment" tab (only appears if you have a balance due).
- Complete credit card information, and the "Apply the Payment to Your Order" section.
- Doublecheck the amount at the top of the form. Is the total listed at the top really what you want to pay?
- Click "Submit Payment" button at the bottom of the page.
- If your address does not fit the format provided, please make an appointment with our on-site Gathering office for Monday or Tuesday.
- Make sure that the amount you’ve entered as your total payment is equal to or less than the balance due on your account—the form won’t let you overpay. (If you want to make a donation, we can add that to your registration and process your payment at WCU.)
- If paying less than the total due on your account, make sure you have itemized your payment (for example, if you want to make a payment of $100, you need to say whether you want that applied to your program fee, housing, etc). You can’t pay more than is due on any single item, and the total in those item boxes must add up to your total payment.
- Check the formatting of your total payment. It should have a dollar amount, decimal point, and cent amount, with no dollar sign or other punctuation. For example, if you were paying $100, your total amount should look like this: “100.00” not like “$100.00” or “100”.
- Please make sure that your billing name and address exactly match your credit card bill. Slight variations (such as “Ave” instead of “Avenue”) can prevent your charges from going through for some banks.
- If you still have problems, click "Needs staff processing" to complete your registration form. When you check in on campus, check at the Information Desk to find out when the Gathering Office can process credit card payments on Monday and Tuesday.
When you ask us to change a financial item (e.g., change from a single to a double room), the registration software adds the cost for the new item (the double) to your bill. But it does not remove the cost for the old item (the single). Staff has to do this manually. We have been processing dozens of these changes, and might not finish before we print invoices for check-in. Please bring your invoice to the Money Matters table when you check in, and we will correct your account. Thanks for your patience!
Sheets, pillowcase, towel, wash cloth, pillow and a light blanket are provided for each bed. No linens are provided for children on the floor.
Check at the Gathering Office to pick up your package.
Take a look at the Daily Sheets to see which activities you are pulled to. Some Friends find it helpful to print out and bring along a blank schedule so they can fill in their choices of activities. Here is a schedule that you could use this year.
Pre-Gathering meals (Friday night through Sunday lunch) had to be pre-purchased via your registration form by June 15.
During the Gathering (starting Sunday night), everyone who has on-campus housing must have a meal plan. However, you may choose to buy a two-meal plan and then choose to occasionally buy breakfast in the dining center, or you may be staying off campus and choose not to have a meal plan.
Note that buying a meal plan is significantly less expensive than buying many meals on a cash basis.
Priority access to all refrigerators will be for Friends with a medical need for one (as reported in their registration form), and Junior Gathering use. We cannot tell each person in advance where they will be housed or whether there will be a fridge close by. Please put medications in a plastic bag clearly labelled with your name. If you want to store some food we recommend arriving with a small cooler or arriving ready to purchase a small cooler.
Yes. Each of the rooms in air-conditioned housing has its own thermostat, which can be adjusted or turned off.
To request housing earlier than your scheduled arrival, call the Gathering office at 215-561-1700, ex. 3200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, currently scheduled arrival date, and requested arrival date. DO NOT ASSUME you can arrive early unless you get a reply from us. We will do our best to respond to requests promptly, but may not get to all of them.
If we do not confirm that we can accommodate you earlier than your scheduled arrival, and if your dorm room is not available, you will need to find other housing off-campus until your scheduled arrival date.
There is a convenience store and some fast food and sandwich establishments on campus, but no full restaurants in walking distance. Most will be closed before the Gathering begins on July 5th.
2015 Summer Hours During FGC Gathering
|Einstein Bros Bagels||July 1st - July 11th|
|Mon - Fri||7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.|
|Java City - Library||July 1st - July 11th|
|Mon - Fri||8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.|
|Burger Studio||July 1st - July 11th|
|Mon - Fri||11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Which Wich||July 1st - July 11th|
|Mon - Fri||11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Courtyard C-Store||July 5th - July 10th|
|Mon - Fri||10:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.|
|Sat -Sun||10:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.|
|Starbucks||June 24th - August 3rd|
|Mon - Fri||7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Sat -Sun||8:00a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Courtyard Dining Hall||July 5th - July 11th|
|Breakfast||7:00 a.m. - 9:30 am.|
|Lunch||11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.|
|Dinner||5:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.|
Click here for a campus map showing where to park and where to find the buildings we are using during the Gathering.
Emergency calls can be made to the Gathering Office (215-561-1700, option 2 on the menu) at any time. After hours this will ring to a staff person's cellphone, so please ask anyone who receives this number to only call after hours if it is urgent.
There will be a message board in the University Center. The Gathering Office (215-561-1700, option 2 on the menu) can take non-emergency messages during office hours (8:00 a.m.-9:30 p.m.) and post them on the message board. It is up to Gathering attenders to check the board for messages.
Field trip sign ups start Sunday July 5, at the Gathering. Payments for field trips are only by cash or check.
The University reports that there is free wireless in all of the rooms of all of the dorms, and throughout campus.
No. Some who might want to consider bringing a swimsuit anyway are :
- Young children who will be playing in water.
- Young adult Friends who might be going to water on the AYF outtrip.
- People who want to play in the fountain near the University Center.
- The High School Program might have an opportunity for wading (not swimming), so shorts or roll-up pants might help.
- Friends staying in the area before and after the Gathering to enjoy the streams and lakes in the region.
You will receive an email by June 26th with information about your transportation from/to the airport, bus station, or train. Note that the last day to make van or bus reservations was June 15.
Your confirmation is very, very likely in your Junk Mail or Spam Mail folder. Go find it and other emails from the Gathering! Read more about Gathering email being treated as spam.
Before Friday: Only staff and a few volunteers by will be on campus by pre-arrangement. Call the Gathering Office if you're not sure.
Friday: The Retreat for People of Color and their Families, Couple Enrichment Leadership Training, and Quakers & Business Conference all begin Friday evening. If you pre-ordered supper on Friday, it begins at 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: The Adult Young Friends Retreat starts at 9 a.m. You might want to arrive Friday night. Workshop leaders are welcome to arrive Saturday.
Sunday: Junior Gathering training begins with a light breakfast together at 8:30 a.m. Workshop leaders are expected to check in, pick up your packets, and read through them before your 3:15 p.m. meeting. You might want to arrive Saturday night.
Sunday: Regular check-in begins at 1:00 p.m. The High School Dorm opens at 2:00 p.m. The Gathering begins with supper Sunday evening at 5.
Wednesday : The second half-Gathering begins. If you plan to attend your workshop Wednesday morning, allow time to check in and find your workshop location before the 9:00 a.m. start time for your workshop. The second half-Gathering meal plan begins with supper.
- If you have a child sleeping on the floor: sleeping bag/bedroll, linens, pillow and towel for that child
- Fragrance free toiletries (including fragrance-free insect repellant). Dorm residents will receive one small bar of fragrance-free soap.
- Raingear (We expect several afternoon thunderstorms.)
- Sunglasses, hat, fragrance-free sunscreen.
- Labelled water bottle
- A sweatshirt or jacket for cooler evenings
- Swimming suit and towel (for children's water play)
- An extra bath towel (dorm residents will only receive one for the week)
- A doorstop, in case you want to prop open your door to be social with your neighbors
- A fan or white noise maker to help disguise dorm noises
- A reading light.
- Coat hangers
- Alarm clock
- Cloth napkin
- Rise-Up Singing (also available at the Gathering Store)
- Spare pillow if needed
If you signed up for the carpool list when you registered, here is how you view it. At this point we are unable to add or remove names from the list before the Gathering.
- Return to the registration site by following this link: Click here
- Enter your Confirmation number (it's in your confirmation email) and click the OK button. (Read this if you never received a confirmation email.)
- Click on upper INFORMATION tab at the top.
- Click on CARPOOL LIST tab on the next line down
Don't see the answer to your question here? Email us at email@example.com, or call 215-561-1700, ex. 3200.