If you have signed up on the Gathering email list, or attended a previous Gathering and not opted-out of receiving email, you should be getting emails about the Gathering.
There are several steps you can take to make sure you allow Gathering email to get through to you and out of your spam folder. The Gathering office uses email to communicate critical information to attenders! Please make sure our emails will get to you by telling your email client to allow all emails originating from the following domains. (CVENT is the registration software we use.)
The email could come from different specific senders at FGC or CVENT. Perhaps your email client will recognize *@fgcquaker.org and *@cventmail.com to indicate that you want all emails from FGC and CVENT.
For Gmail users, read our step by step instructions for adding FGC email addresses below. Here are instructions for Outlook. For other email applications, you can search “how to whitelist emails in (name of your email application)”.
For Gmail users:
- Go to your Inbox
- Click on the cogwheel in the upper right corner, and choose “Settings”click the “Filters” tab
- Click on “Filters” (to the right of the “Compose” button)
- Select “Create a new filter” (at the very bottom)
- Put: *@fgcquaker.org in the From field. (This means “any emails from fgcquaker.org”)
- Leave other fields blank
- Click “Create a filter with this search” in the bottom right corner of the filter box
- Check the box “Never send to spam”
- If you wish, check the box “Always mark as important”
- Click blue “Create Filter” button
- REPEAT process for *@cventmail.com
Please send feedback about these instructions to email@example.com
Google also has e-mail categories like Primary, Social, Promotions, Updates, and Forums. When you open your inbox, you’ll see your Primary tab first. If you want to make sure FGC e-mail appears in your primary e-mail, or if you want it sorted into another specific category, please follow these Gmail instructions.
It is possible for other computers to masquerade as someone you know, making it look like e-mail is coming from us when it isn’t. We will never send you a zip file or an executable program file (has .zip or .exe at the end), and we only send weblinks which we identify as Gathering-related. Use caution when clicking on a link, and feel free to call us if you are not sure something came from one of us (215-561-1700, option 2 on the menu).