Through QuakerPress Publishing, Friends General Conference publishes resources with the goal of nurturing Quaker meetings and individual Friends.
Books published by QuakerPress must be on topics that address one or more of FGC’s major goals. QuakerPress publishes print books, ebooks, and pamphlets, and has produced CDs and digital resources in the past.
Friends General Conference, with Divine guidance, nurtures the spiritual vitality of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) by providing programs and services for Friends, meetings, and seekers.
FGC’s Major Goals
- Nurture meetings and worship groups.
- Provide resources and opportunities for meetings, Friends, and seekers to experience the Light, the living presence of God.
- Help meetings guide Friends to discern the leadings of the Inward Teacher and to grow into ministry.
- Transform our awareness so that our corporate and individual attitudes and actions fully value and encompass the blessed diversity of our human family.
- Work to grow and sustain a vital, diverse, and loving community of Friends based on a shared search for unity in the Spirit.
- Articulate, communicate, and exemplify Friends’ practices, core experiences, and the call to live and witness to our faith.
- Promote dialogue with others, sharing with them our corporate experience of Divine Truth and listening to and learning from their experience of the same.
QuakerPress titles are carried by QuakerBooks of FGC, and are marketed in other venues, including bookstores in North America and Europe.
We anticipate publishing one to two books per year.
We invite queries regarding project proposals via email or postal mail. Full project proposals are also welcome, so long as they follow the format in the form under the Resources section of this page, to the right.
QuakerBooks by FGC offers the following new titles through our online bookstore. Click the title to learn more and purchase.Read More about What’s New at QuakerBooks?
By Wesley Mason Well, wasn’t there always a Publications and Distribution (P&D;) program? No, like everything else we had a beginning. While FGC always produced publications of some type, the genesis of the current Publications and Distribution Program seems to have been in 1972 when FGC first formed a Religious Education (RE) Committee. Previously, written…Read More about FGC Publications & Distribution: A Short History
By Pat Fox The Publications and Distribution Committee came together for a weekend retreat February 19-21, 2001. We gathered at the Burlington Meetinghouse and Conference Center to finish our business plan, one that the committee worked on for the past year and would use for the next several years. Our working documents reflected aspects of…Read More about Publications & Distribution: Past, Present and Future