The Gathering abounds with opportunities to meet with Friends with similar passions and gifts. Although many events are planned in advance, other activities will be scheduled during the week. Friends wishing to arrange for meeting space must make requests at the Information Desk during the Gathering.
- Worship: multiple opportunities to worship with Friends every day.
- Bible Half Hour: Monday-Friday.
- Gathering Store Events: the Gathering Store is now online as QMart! Consignment reservations must be made by published deadlines.
- Quaker Exhibits and Presentations: Visit this webpage to learn about dozens of Quaker organizations from across North America.
Multiple Events Are Organized by These Groups
Each of the groups below will host sessions during the Afternoon Activities portion of 2022 virtual Gathering.
- Friends for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Concerns (FLGBTQC)
- People of Color Center
- Quaker Arts Center
- Quaker Earthcare Witness
- Quaker Religious Education Collective and Sparklers
- The Healing Center provides a space for Spirit-led Friends to explore, practice and experience healing modalities from many traditions. Volunteer for the Center when registering.
On Wednesday afternoon we take a break from the busy-ness of the Gathering to focus on rest and reflection. Everyone is invited to an afternoon of spaciousness. This may be a time for solitude, for simple togetherness with a friend or family member, or for worship. After this sabbath pause, we trust that we will be more present to each other and to Spirit during our last two days together. We ask Friends to carefully discern whether an activity is in the spirit of sabbath before scheduling it for Wednesday afternoon.
Please Plan to Volunteer
We hope that every adult will give at least two hours of service during the Gathering. When you register, you can indicate your interest in serving as:
- Zoom host
- Info desk volunteer
- Healing Center volunteer
- Provide informal interpretation for a Spanish speaking attendee (if we have any)
- Chat in ASL with deaf attender (if we have any)
Some volunteer positions receive a partial fee waiver, called workgrants. Return here on or about the first of the year to learn more about these workgrants..