Late May Registration Tips : Don't panic! Click here for tips.
How to Register
Read these tips before beginning online registration--then click the "Start Registration" button at the bottom of the page.
Decisions to Make Before Registering
When you have made these five decisions and prepared your email inbox for our messages, expect to spend 30 minutes to register one person, and 10-15 minutes for each subsequent person.
- Are you attending a pre-Gathering event? You may register now and return until June 10 to add any of these events.
- Adult Young Friends Retreat
- Is Your Meeting Online?
- Retreat for People of Color and their Families
- Quakers & Business Conference
To register only for the Quakers & Business Conference without attending the Gathering, telephone the Gathering office.
- Choose your first, second, and third choice workshops. If your workshop choice is full, it will not appear on the registration list. Check out the two new workshops added Body Prayer with Amanda Ann Godwin and Meeting for Worship for Healing with Richard Lee!
- Choose housing and a meal plan for each person.
- Full-time, half-time, or part-time? On-campus housing is only available for full-time and half-time registrants. High School and Junior Gathering participants must be full-time and attend the entire Gathering.
- Arrival date. The Gathering begins Sunday July 3. Friends are welcome to arrive as early as Friday July 1. Read the conditions for High School early arrivals. Still confused? Read more about when to arrive.
- Email Address for all those you are registering. Individual email addresses are used for identification and evaluation.
- Emergency Contact : Who do you want us to contact in the event of an emergency? It should be someone NOT coming to the Gathering. We will ask you for a name and phone number.
- Volunteering? Every teenage and adult registrant is asked to volunteer for at least two hours. The Gathering's success depends on the volunteer efforts of many. All Gathering attenders can sign up to volunteer when they register, or at the Lend-A-Hand table at the Gathering. See our volunteer job list for advance options. More service opportunities will be available when you check in.
- Financial aid needs? How much do you need to attend? What have you asked your meeting? What amount are you requesting from FGC?
- Any donations? There will be an opportunity to decide whether you want to donate toward Gathering scholarships, the Bayard Rustin Fund, and/or the Green Meetinghouse (Carbon Offset) Fund. If there is something different you had in mind for a donation, please contact the FGC Development Office.
Last year, many Gathering registrants found that they missed important information because our emails went to their spam folder. We’ve made some changes this year that we hope will improve email delivery, but we need your help! Please take five minutes now to help us keep our emails out of your spam folder. You are not registered until you receive the confirmation letter!
Late fees begin June 1. If you are having troubles registering online, don’t panic! Here are some tips :
- Click “save” at the bottom of the registration page before going to look up information on the FGC website, and before continuing to the next page on your registration form.
- If the form won’t let you finish and you can’t figure out why, click save and e-mail email@example.com with a description of the problem. If you start the form in late May and e-mail us about a problem, we can complete the form for you when we return to the office. You will still be included as an on-time registrant.
- Having trouble getting through to us by phone? We're probably on another line. Please leave a message so that we can contact you next week. E-mail is also helpful in communicating registration problems.
- Read the next set of tips, too!
- Take two deep breaths before selecting "Save and Next" at the bottom of each page of the registration form.
While you wait, you may see some new questions appear!
- Scroll to the top of your screen to look for a red error message. If you missed answering a required question or didn’t used the required format (such as including a space or a letter when a number is required), the form won’t let you proceed to the next page.
- Having trouble making a partial payment on your credit card? Click “Needs staff processing (aid, refunds, adjustments)” as your payment option, finish your registration, and call us with your credit card information.
- If you accidentally charge the wrong amount to your credit card and you already clicked “Finish” please send us an e-mail with the correct amount. We can cancel the wrong payment and make the correct payment for you. (Do not e-mail your credit card number!! Just explain the error and the correct amount to charge.)
- Steps to ensure your return to an incomplete registration. If you must leave your registration for more than 30 minutes before it is complete (1) click SAVE and (2) then close your browser window. Return to this page and the link below when you are ready to resume. You must enter exactly the same name, email and contact type (age group) that you entered the first time. The form only saves information you entered for seven days, so please don't wait too long to finish the form!
- Having difficulty completing your registration? Answer questions to the best of your ability, complete the registration, and call or e-mail the Gathering Office to modify your registration (e.g., change an answer, add a person, add a pre-Gathering event).
- How to modify your complete registration. You may return to your complete registration to change housing and meals (until May 31 without a fee), add a pre-Gathering event (until June 10), or to make other changes (until May 31 without a fee). Read more.
- If you are travelling with a motorized scooter or wheelchair and need Airport transportation, please contact the Gathering Office before June 10 if you can not be accommodated on Executive Express. You must provide your detailed travel information at the time you purchase a seat on a scooter van. No van reservations can be accepted after June 10.
- The Gathering Meal Plans begin with dinner on Sunday July 3. If you want to eat at the college cafeteria from Friday supper through Sunday lunch you must add early meals to your registration form by June 10. The refrigerators on campus are reserved for medical needs. There are only two restaurants near campus (diner and Italian food), and a coffeeshop on campus.
You Only Know You've Registered When...
... you receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org. See "allow Gathering email" to make sure you receive the confirmation. If you do not receive the confirmation email, contact the Gathering Office for help.
Need help or want to register by phone? Email the Gathering staff, or call us at 215-561-1700, ex. 3200 (Monday-Friday, 9:30 am-4:30 pm EST).