How to Register
Read these tips before beginning online registration--then click the "Start Registration" button at the bottom of the page.
Decisions to Make Before Registering
When you have made these five decisions and prepared your email inbox for our messages, expect to spend 30 minutes to register one person, and 10-15 minutes for each subsequent person.
- Are you attending a pre-Gathering event? You may register now and return later to add any of these events.
- Adult Young Friends Retreat
- Couple Enrichment Leaders Training
- Retreat for People of Color and their Families
- Quakers & Business Conference
To register only for the Quakers & Business Conference without attending the Gathering, telephone the Gathering office.
- Choose your first, second, and third choice workshops. If your workshop choice is full, it will not appear on the registration list.
- Choose housing and a meal plan for each person.
- Full-time, half-time, or part-time? On-campus housing is only available for full-time and half-time registrants. High School and Junior Gathering participants must be full-time and attend the entire Gathering.
- Arrival date. The Gathering begins Sunday July 5. Friends are welcome to arrive as early as Friday July 3. Read the conditions for High School early arrivals. Still confused? Read more about when to arrive.
- Volunteering? Every teenage and adult registrant is asked to volunteer for at least two hours. The Gathering's success depends on the volunteer efforts of many. All Gathering attenders can sign up to volunteer when they register, or at the Lend-A-Hand table at the Gathering. See our volunteer job list for advance options.
Last year, many Gathering registrants found that they missed important information because our emails went to their spam folder. We’ve made some changes this year that we hope will improve email delivery, but we need your help! Please take five minutes now to help us keep our emails out of your spam folder.
- Take two deep breaths before selecting "Save and Next" at the bottom of each page of the registration form.
While you wait, you may see some new questions appear!
- Steps to ensure your return to an incomplete registration. If you must leave your registration for more than 30 minutes before it is complete (1) click SAVE and (2) then close your browser window. About an hour later you will receive an email with a link that allows you to resume your registration anytime in the following week. You must enter exactly the same name, email and contact type (age group) that you entered the first time.
- Having difficulty completing your registration? Answer questions to the best of your ability, complete the registration, and call or e-mail the Gathering Office to modify your registration (e.g., change an answer, add a person, add a shuttle).
- How to modify your complete registration. You may return to your complete registration to change housing and meals (until May 31), add airport/train/bus shuttles (until June 10), or to make other changes (until May 31). Read more.
- Purchase a seat on an Airport Van or Train-Bus Shuttle when registering, or contact us by June 15 to add registrations. You must provide your detailed travel information at the time you purchase a seat on a van or bus. No van or bus reservations can be accepted after June 15.
- The Gathering Meal Plans begin with dinner on Sunday July 5. If you want to eat at the WCU cafeteria before then (at the lower, advance-order price) you must add early meals to your registration form by June 15. There are few refrigerators on campus. There are convenience stores and a few very simple restaurants 1/2 mile away.
You Only Know You've Registered When...
Need help or want to register by phone? Email the Gathering staff, or call us at 215-561-1700, ex. 3200 (Monday-Friday, 9:30 am-4:30 pm EST).