Do you want to help your meeting challenge racism and work for racial diversity?
Do you feel led to travel in the ministry with a concern for racism?
Are you looking for ways to connect with other Friends of color?
FGC offers assistance and support to meetings and yearly meetings that want to develop their racial and ethnic awareness, increase their diversity, and strive to address the impact of the institution of racism on our Society.
FGC connects Friends and meetings doing work and witnessing about racism and racial diversity, supports individuals traveling in the ministry with a concern for racism, and identifies resources to help people engaging in this work
FGC also plans and holds retreats to create opportunities for:
- Learning about racism
- Training in building racial diversity
- Sharing experiences of the impact of racism
- Community building
- Worshipping together around the issues arising from the impact of racism
The annual FGC Gathering:
- Provides opportunities for mutual support and sharing for individuals engaged in challenging racism
- Hosts the People of Color Center where Friends of color can connect
- Holds meetings for worship for racial healing
- Provides a Pre-Gathering Retreat for Friends of Color and their Families