Friends Helping Friends
- The addition of solar panels to reduce reliance on fossil fuels for heating the Durham, ME, Meeting House.
- The replacement of the foundation to provide improved weatherization and to secure the structure of the Alaska Friends Conference Dickerson Friends Center in Wasilla, AK.
- The replacement of drafty windows with new, weathertight ones for the Kalamazoo, MI, Friends Meeting.
- An enhanced drainage system to protect adjacent stream and wetlands for the Storrs, CT, Friends Meeting parking area.
General Improvements Grant Fund
Gifts to this Fund have traditionally come from individuals wishing to help other Meetings, in an anonymous way, with facilities improvements they would otherwise be unable to afford. As with the Green Fund, tax-deductible donations are accepted throughout the year.
Grants from this fund have supported:
- Construction of a safe, permanent handicap access ramp at the historic Gonic, NH, Friends Meetinghouse
- Inclusion of accessible entrance features for a newly-built meetinghouse in Old Chatham, NY.
To send a gift to either Fund, make your check payable to Friends General Conference and indicate which FMHF Grant Fund in the memo section.
To request a grant, download the application form below or email Lee Meinicke, Assistant Treasurer/Secretary for the FMHF at [email protected].