FGC is Hiring a Communications Assistant
Job description provisionally approved January 12, 2023.
Job Title: Communications Assistant
Supervisor: Communications Manager
Hours: 60% Time (21 hours/week) for two years (February 2023 – January 2025)
Location: Anywhere in the U.S.A. with reliable Internet and Phone Access
Salary: $26.82/hour + benefits
The Communications Assistant will work closely with the Communications Manager and other FGC staff and volunteers to support the development of communications content, including social media and newsletters. This work will be guided by FGC’s minute of purpose, major goals, and associated programs. It will include substantial work in managing the scheduling and promotion of various FGC programs and activities. This position will play a role in coordinating communications volunteers as well as participating in broader planning efforts for the development of new program initiatives related to engagement.
The person filling this position does not need to be based in the Philadelphia office, though occasional travel or visits to the office may be necessary. The COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for this position (unless you have a medical exemption). Applicants need to live in the USA and must be authorized to work in the USA. This is a part-time, term-limited position, beginning February 2023.
Education: Two years of college or equivalent experience.
- Working with and coordinating volunteers.
- Writing and distributing engaging informational content.
- Collaborative work with colleagues on complex projects.
- Experience with Quaker meetings, Quaker faith and practice, and Quaker religious education materials.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Navigation of word processing, website editing, and graphic design software (preferably Canva or Adobe Photoshop).
- Planning, organizing, and keeping track of complex projects.
- High level of comfort and familiarity with Quaker theology and practices.
- Understanding of anti-racism work as a Spirit-grounded ministry.
- Able to work effectively and efficiently out of one’s own home or a co-working facility.
- Able to participate in the management of several complex projects.
- • Available to staff the annual FGC Gathering either in-person or online (7-10 days) each summer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop content for social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn), newsletters (MailChimp), and other engagement channels.
- Maintain a content calendar (Meta Business Planner).
- Assist in the development of communications policies with program staff and key volunteers.
- Assist in the development of a “community of practice” of Quaker website administrators and social media moderators.
- Assist in the maintenance of Quaker Finder pages.
- Other duties outlined by the Communications Manager that support the mission and vision of FGC.
To apply for this position, please click here to upload your resume. The deadline for submissions is Friday, January 27, 2023, at 9:00am Eastern.