FGC is Hiring a Spiritual Deepening Program Assistant
Job Title: Spiritual Deepening Program Assistant
Supervisor: Spiritual Deepening Coordinator
Hours: 60% Time (21 hours/week) for two years (January 2023 – December 2024)
Location: Anywhere in the U.S.A. with reliable Internet and Phone Access
Salary: $26.82/hour + benefits
The Spiritual Deepening Program Assistant will work closely with the Spiritual Deepening Program Coordinator and other FGC staff and volunteers to support the development of Spiritual Deepening program content for adults and children. This work will be guided by FGC’s minute of purpose, major goals and associated programs. It will include substantial work in managing the scheduling, promotion, and logistics of the Spiritual Deepening eRetreats and other online religious education offerings. This position will play a role in coordinating volunteers as well as participating in broader planning efforts for the development of new Spiritual Deepening program initiatives.
The person filling this position does not need to be based in the Philadelphia office, though occasional travel or visits to the office may be necessary. The COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for this position (unless you have a medical exemption). Applicants need to live in the USA and must be authorized to work in the USA. This is a part-time, term-limited position, beginning January 2023.
Education: Two years of college or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with leading small group activities.
- Volunteer coordination.
- Writing lesson plans, training materials, or other informational content.
- Collaborative work with colleagues on complex projects.
- Experience with Quaker meetings, Quaker faith and practice, and Quaker religious education materials.
- Grasp of effective group process strategies, including small group facilitation.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Navigation of word processing, website editing, and online learning software.
- Planning, organizing, and keeping track of complex projects.
- High level of comfort and familiarity with Quaker theology and practices.
- Understanding of anti-racism work as a Spirit-grounded ministry.
- Able to work effectively and efficiently out of one’s own home.
- Able to participate in the management of several complex projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate schedule of existing Spiritual Deepening eRetreats and online offerings, including recruiting facilitators and managing online learning platform
- Working closely with program staff and key volunteers, assist in the development of Spiritual Deepening Program content and training materials for adults and children, including developing new content in collaboration with volunteers and adapting existing content for use by small groups and eRetreat participants.
- Write facilitation guides for Spiritual Deepening activities using existing eRetreat materials or new content compiled by volunteers.
- Process updates to the Spiritual Deepening Program Library as needed.
- Contact authors and publishers to secure copyright permissions for content used in Spiritual Deepening materials.
- Assist the Spiritual Deepening Program Coordinator with promotion and customer service.
- Coordinate and provide logistical support to the Yearly Meeting Visitors Program (this work is concentrated in the spring/summer).
- Other duties to be assigned.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, and three references with subject heading “Spiritual Deepening Program Assistant” to Rachel Ernst Stahlhut (email@example.com). The application deadline is November 27, 2022.