Virtual Events in the Quaker Community: Late Summer 2021
Connect with Friends and go deeper in your spiritual experience with these upcoming virtual events this summer and fall, presented by Friends Committee on National Legislation, Friends Couple Enrichment, Beacon Hill Freinds House, and more. You’re also invited to FGC’s ongoing worship opportunities (check them out).
This article was created for the August 2021 issue of Vital Friends.
Events presented by FGC
- Fall 2021 Spiritual Deepening eRetreat offerings. Go deeper in your spiritual journey with Friends through our 4-week online learning and community-building opportunities. Learn more about our eRetreats.
- September 15 – October 20, 2021: My Grandmother’s Hands by Resmaa Menakem book discussion (Weekly Zoom Calls on Wednesdays from 7:30-9pm Eastern / 4:30-6pm Pacific)
- September 18 – October 16, 2021: Silence & Light for Quaker Newcomers eRetreat (Weekly Zoom Calls on Saturdays at 3pm Eastern / Noon Pacific)
- October 24 – November 20, 2021: Aging, Death, & Dying eRetreat (more details coming soon)
Affiliated Yearly Meeting Events
Baltimore Yearly Meeting:
- BYM Event Calendar – view calendar online and register for individual events. (No virtual events this month)
New England Yearly Meeting:
- NEYM Event Calendar – view calendar online and register for individual events.
Ohio Valley Yearly Meeting:
- OVYM Event Calendar – view calendar online and register for individual events. (No virtual events this month)
Pacific Yearly Meeting:
- PacYM Event Calendar – view calendar online and register for individual events. (No virtual Events this month)
Philadelphia Yearly Meeting:
- PhlYM Event Calendar – view calendar online and register for individual events.
Quaker Partner Organization Events
American Friends Service Committee:
- Weekly Thursday Update from AFSC Staff on Facebook Live. 4:00pm Eastern / 1:00pm Pacific. Facebook account required. View the live presentation here.
Canadian Friends Service Committee:
- Get to Know Thee Friend: A 12-part series for CFSC’s 90th anniversary – Part Eight – Thursday, August 26th. Learn more and register.
- Next sessions: Part Nine – Thursday, September 30th; Part Nine – Thursday October 28th
Friends Committee on National Legislation:
- Witness Wednesday Silent Reflection – Every Wednesday on Zoom. 5:15-6:00pm Eastern. Learn more and register.
- View FCNL’s full event calendar and register for events.
Friends Couple Enrichment:
- Drop-in Dialogue Dates: Aug 29th & Sept 25th Visit the Friends Couple Enrichment website to register.
Friends Peace Teams:
- Aug 21st, 2-4 pm MT. The Toward Right Relationship with Native Peoples program facilitates a 2-hour participatory workshop, “Roots of Injustice, Seeds of Change: Toward Right Relationship with Native Peoples,” appropriate for high school students and adults. Learn more and register here.
Becon Hill Friends House:
- See upcomming avents and watch recordings of past events. Find upcoming events.
- Weekday mornings: Simple Meditation Practice. 15-minute guided meditation practice that begins and ends with fellowship. Every Monday-Friday, 8:00 – 8:30 am ET. Free and open to the public. Closed captioning available. Join at this Zoom link.
Events of Interest to Friends
Our communications team is in transition and we were not able to do the apropriate out reach of find more events.
Thank you for your patience as we welcome our new communications manager in the coming weeks
Is your Quaker community or organization hosting a virtual event? Send it to us!