Policy last updated September 24th, 2018
Opt-out link changed January 25, 2022
Respecting your privacy is an issue of integrity, and, as a Quaker organization, integrity is part of who we are. This policy outlines the specifics about how we collect and use your personal information.
Information we collect about you
- When you register for an event, fill out an online form on www.fgcquaker.org or www.quakerbooks.org, join a committee, or otherwise communicate with Friends General Conference (FGC), we will frequently ask you to provide contact information. We may also ask you to provide demographic information and information about your needs and preferences as they relate to services offered by FGC.
- When you purchase books, donate money or attend a paid event organized by FGC we will ask you to provide billing and payment information.
- FGC uses common Internet technologies, such as cookies and Web beacons, to monitor website performance, to keep track of anonymous interactions with the Organization’s Web sites and personalized interaction with some of our emails.
- Yearly Meetings, associations and monthly meetings affiliated directly with FGC provide mailing information for their members and attenders approximately once per year.
How we use that information
- FGC uses information collected to provide you with the services you request.
- FGC may use information collected to provide you with additional information about FGC’s services, events and to request your financial support for our work.
- FGC may use information collected to improve our Web sites and Services.
- FGC may use information provided by affiliated Yearly Meetings and monthly meetings for up to three print mailings per year.
- FGC may use information collected and information provided by Yearly and Monthly Meetings for communications related to service on FGC committees, service with FGC governance, or to extend other service/volunteer opportunities to you.
- FGC serves and is accountable to the affiliated Monthly and Yearly Meetings, Conferences and Fellowships that form Friends General Conference. FGC will, upon request from the Clerk, senior staff, or their designee of these constituent organizations, share information (such as name and contact information) about individuals from those constituent organizations who participate in FGC events, activities, or committees during the 12 months prior to the report. We do not disclose as part of this report the details of the interaction such as which event a Friend attended, what specific service was used, what book was purchased, or if a donation was made. FGC shares this information to facilitate and support our constituent organizations. Constituent organizations must agree to use this information concerning participation in FGC only to support the work of that Meeting or Association. Individuals may opt out of this information sharing (see the section “Right to Opt Out”).
- For certain special events organized by FGC, you may be given the opportunity by FGC (as part of your event registration) to share with your Yearly Meeting (or other constituent organization) that you are attending that event. This will be an opt in opportunity. The purpose is to allow your Yearly Meeting to contact you about similar upcoming events in your Yearly Meeting or to contact you about groups with similar interests to yours within your Yearly Meeting.
- FGC uses third-party services that are critical to our ability to complete our work and to serve Friends. As a result, FGC may share information we have collected about you with companies and vendors that provide services that allow or facilitate FGC to accomplish its work. These companies do not sell, rent, or trade personally identifiable information with third parties. They do not use information provided by FGC for their promotional purposes or for any purpose other than to aid in FGC accomplishing its work. While this is not an exhaustive list, the detailed privacy policies of our most frequently and widely used vendors/services are available here:
- FGC shares and/or sells information on individuals who participate in specific FGC events with other participants of that same event in the form of an event contact list. That information is provided to event participants on the condition that it is not shared, not used for bulk communication and that it is not used for organizational or institutional purposes.
- FGC may, at your request, share your personal information publically on the internet through our Quakerfinder service if you are serving as the public contact for your Quaker meeting.
- Other than as described above, FGC will not review, share, distribute, or reference for third parties any such personal information except as may be required by law or as is necessary to protect the rights or property of FGC and/or our constituents.
- FGC does not share, sell, rent, or trade personally identifiable information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- FGC staff and volunteers may access personal information only for the purposes of providing services, conducting statistical analysis to better understand our constituents, requesting financial support, preventing or addressing service or technical problems, in connection with providing technical support or service, or as may be required by law.
- If you provide FGC with contact information, you may be asked if you would like to subscribe or unsubscribe from specific types of communications from FGC.
- You can also subscribe or update those subscriptions on this website. FGC will make our best effort to honor those preferences.
- Periodically FGC may give you the opportunity to subscribe to additional FGC communications by sending you a sample of content to which you have not subscribed. These communications will happen no more than once per year.
- FGC may periodically send requests for financial support to all individuals who have shared their contact information with us and who have not otherwise opted out of these communications. If you would prefer not to receive these requests from FGC, you can opt out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to Opt Out
- You may opt out of all communications from FGC by following the instructions here. You can also mail us a letter or send us an e-mail containing your full name, address, and e-mail address to the address below, specifying that you have elected to opt out of all communication.
- You may opt out from having your information shared as part of an event participant list for an individual FGC sponsored event by selecting the opt out option as part of the registration process for that individual event. Note that this does not opt you out of receiving communications from FGC directly related to your participation in this event it is only requesting your personal information not appear in the participant list.
- You may opt out of having your information shared with the affiliated Yearly Meeting, Association, or Monthly Meeting to which you belong by mailing us a letter or sending us an e-mail containing your full name, address, and e-mail address to the address below, specifying that you have elected to opt out such sharing.
- We will update your records as promptly as is practical; however, you may receive communications while we process your request.
Changes to this Policy
- If our information practices change, we will post the policy changes here and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses.
- If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check this page periodically for updates.
How to Contact Us
Friends General Conference
1216 Arch St, Ste 2B
Philadelphia, PA 19107