Vital Friends: March 2017
Vital Friends March 2017: In this issue, FGC’s General Secretary shares important updates about the FGC Gathering. Plus – we’re lifting up two opportunities to challenge racism and build community and an invitation to deepen your spiritual life with FGC through the Spiritual Deepening Program eRetreat.
Vital Friends is FGC’s monthly eNewsletter that shares news, resources, and announcements with Friends. Below is the introductory text and table of contents.
View the complete eNewsletter online.
The world needs strong Quaker communities that are living messages of love, compassion, and fellowship. As a collaboration of Yearly Meetings and Monthly Meetings, FGC is here to help strengthen your meeting and our religious society so that together we can be patterns and examples. By sharing resources, listening deeply, and acting faithfully, we can enrich the spiritual lives of everyone in our worship communities and meet many of the challenges that face us as Quakers and as members of the broader society in which we live.
In this issue of Vital Friends, we are sharing updates regarding changes that have been made to the FGC Gathering since last year’s edition, opportunities for Friends to challenge racism and build beloved community, an invitation to deepen your spiritual life through an online eRetreat with the Spiritual Deepening Program, and a new promotion from QuakerBooks to help you build your Quaker library at home or in your meeting house.
In the Spirit,
General Secretary, FGC
This issue contains:
- A Message from the General Secretary: Learnings from the 2016 FGC Gathering
- Opportunities for Friends: Challenging Racism and Building Community
- QuakerBooks Promotion: 20 Books for 20 Bucks
- You’re Invited: Spiritual Deepening eLearning Retreat
- Job Opportunity: Communications and Administrative Associate
- Among Friends: News and Events from the World of Friends
- Request copies of the 2017 FGC Gathering Advance Program!