Virtual Events in the Quaker Community: May 2021
Connect with Friends and go deeper in your spiritual experience with these upcoming virtual events in May, presented by Canadian Friends Service Committee, Friends Couple Enrichment, Powell House, and more. You’re also invited to FGC’s ongoing worship opportunities (check them out).
This article was created for the May 2021 issue of Vital Friends.
Events presented by FGC
- Coming soon – FGC Gathering 2021: Way Will Open – June 27th to July 3rd, 2021. Join us for a week of virtual workshops, worship, and community for all ages!
Affiliated Yearly Meeting Events
Philadelphia Yearly Meeting:
- May 23rd, 2021 – GIANT Children’s Meeting! 9:00am Eastern. Learn more and register.
- View Philadelphia Yearly Meeting’s full calendar of events.
Quaker Partner Organization Events
American Friends Service Committee:
- Weekly Thursday Update from AFSC Staff on Facebook Live. 4:00pm Eastern / 1:00pm Pacific. Facebook account required. View the live presentation.
Canadian Friends Service Committee:
- Thursday, May 27th, 2021 – Get to Know Thee Friend: A 12-part series for CFSC’s 90th anniversary – Part Five: A conversation with Elaine Bishop. Learn more and register.
Friends Committee on National Legislation:
- Witness Wednesday Silent Reflection – Every Wednesday on Zoom. 5:15-6:00pm Eastern. Learn more and register.
- May 26, 2021 – Quakers Working in the Legislature, with Alicia McBride, Kate Gould, and Erinn Camp Mansour. 6:30 – 7:30 PM Eastern. Learn more and register.
- May 27, 2021 – Thursdays with Friends: Toward a Just Recovery, with Diane Randall and Josh Dickson. 4 – 4:30 PM Eastern. Learn more and register.
Friends Couple Enrichment:
- Drop-in Dialogue Dates: May 22 at 4pm Central, and June 18 at 7 pm Central. Visit the Friends Couple Enrichment website to register.
- May 25, 2021 – “How are the Children?” Plain Speaking About Quaker Meetings and Families in Post-Pandemic Times, with Emily Provance. 6:30 pm to 8:30pm Eastern. Learn more and register.
Events of Interest to Friends
Quaker Saturdays at Work, presented by North American Quakers & Business
All meetings will be held on the second Saturday of the month at 11:00am Eastern Time, except for the FGC Gathering. Learn more and participate.
- June 18 to 20, 2021 – FGC Gathering
- July 10, 2021 – My Spiritual Journey at Work
Is your Quaker community or organization hosting a virtual event? Send it to us!