A Sneak Peek at the 2020 FGC Gathering
On June 28th, 2020, FGC Gathering 2020: Way Will Open begins at Radford University in Radford, VA. The Gathering team and Gathering 2020 committee members have been hard at work organizing the evening plenary program and reviewing workshop proposals, and we are excited to reveal the fruits of their efforts here!
On June 28th, 2020, FGC Gathering 2020: Way Will Open begins at Radford University in Radford, VA.
The Gathering team and Gathering 2020 committee members have been hard at work organizing the evening plenary program and reviewing workshop proposals, and we are excited to reveal the fruits of their efforts here!
The evening plenary program line-up features two musical performances and will welcome innovators, TED Talk speakers, activists, and the return of Tuesday Night Interest Groups:
- Monday, June 29th, 2019: Renown tribal attorney Tara Houska and Jenny Chapman of Mountain Valley Pipeline Resistance
- Tuesday, June 30th, 2019: Tuesday Night Interest Groups
- Wednesday, July 1st, 2019: Social justice music band City Love and Quaker climate activist Kallan Benson
- Thursday, July 2nd, 2019: Civil rights activist and founder of the Revolutionary Love Project Valarie Kaur
- Friday, July 3rd, 2019: a performance of Deeper Than The Skin by Reggie Harris and Greg Greenway, and a presentation by Wanda Battle of the Dexter Avenue King Memorial Baptist Church
6 Reasons to LOVE Gathering’s Youth Programs
The Gathering is a weeklong opportunity to learn, make friends, and grow for ALL ages, especially young Friends from infancy through high school. Gathering Youth Coordinator Marian Dalke shares the top reasons you’ll love Gathering Youth Programs in 2020, with words from parents and Friends who have experienced them first-hand:
1. New F/friends
“There were lots of new people my age and I made many new friends.” – Oaks participant
2. Intergenerational space
“It was such a wonderful thing to be in an intergenerational space.” – Sprouts Parent
3. Incredibly kind staff
“The staff were incredibly kind and skilled at resolving challenges.” –Pinetrees Parent
4. Spiritual growth as Quakers
“My workshop really helped me grow as a Quaker.” – High School participant
5. Community love and connection
“The love and connection found at Gathering is always a one of a kind experience.” –High School participant
6. The best part of your summer!
“She told me she had the best day of her summer!” – Pinetrees Parent
Take your love of the Gathering to the next level as Conference Coordinator
Ruth Reber, FGC’s beloved Conference Coordinator, will be retiring at the end of the 2020 Gathering. FGC is searching for her replacement. Is it you, or someone you know?
Stay up-to-date on the latest announcements about the 2020 FGC Gathering. Sign up for monthly email updates and to receive the Gathering Advance Program by mail.