Vital Friends: February 2017
In this issue: Discover FGC’s Ministry on Racism program and books for children about the African American experience. Plus – a powerful reflection on the White Privilege Conference and an update about FGC’s Institutional Assessment.
Vital Friends is FGC’s monthly eNewsletter that shares news, resources, and announcements with Friends. Below is the introductory text and table of contents.
As we begin Black History Month, an opportunity to celebrate the contributions of innovators and pioneers educators, spiritual leaders, and all people of African descent to the fabric of our society, we recognize that we have entered very uncertain times in our world. Now more than ever, we must remember that, as a Friend at FGC once said, “in order to know God, we have to know all the faces of God.”
In this month’s edition of Vital Friends, you’ll have the opportunity to re-discover the important work of the Ministry on Racism program, explore a reading list of children’s books from QuakerBooks about the African American experience, consider the perspective of a Friend of Color who attended the White Privilege Conference last year, and see what’s new in the world of Friends, including an update on FGC’s Institutional Assessment and an exciting job opportunity working with the FGC Gathering team.
In the Spirit,
This issue contains:
- Featured Program: Ministry on Racism
- QuakerBooks Reading List: Children’s Books on the African American Experience
- Featured Resource: Reflections on the White Privilege Conference
- Job Opportunity: Conference and Events Associate
- Among Friends: News and Events from the World of Friends
- Words of Wisdom: Inspiration to Share on Social Media