QuakerBooks Updates: November 2016
New business hours, an exciting new opportunity for Friends who are called to the ministry of supporting independent bookstores, and a new reading list for Friends and their loved ones as they prepare for the Thanksgiving holiday in the United States.
The times (and days) they are a-changin’!
QuakerBooks of FGC has a new schedule! Visit our Pendle Hill location on:
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Saturdays from 10:00am to 4:00pm
We are closed on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Sundays. Our website at QuakerBooks.org is still open 24/7.
Become a QuakerBooks Bookista
Love bookstores, Quakers, and volunteering? We want YOU! Become a QuakerBooks Bookista to help us bring good books and resources to Friends, Quaker meetings, and the spiritually curious. We need Bookistas for weekly shifts of three hours to help us with:
- unpacking and pricing books/other merchandise
- organizing orders
- working with our online and in-store book stock
- shelving new books
- writing book blurbs
- helping at evening and weekend book talks and signings
- creating posts for social media
- writing book descriptions (summary, author, publisher, etc) for inclusion in our website
Featured Reading List for November: Earthcare and Transformation
As Friends in the United States prepare to gather for the Thanksgiving holiday later this month, we recommend stocking up on a good book or two to curl up with after the main course has been served. This month’s Reading List features titles about earthcare and transformation, including Renewable and Beyond the Growth Dilemma. Check out the Earthcare and Transformation Reading List now at QuakerBooks.org.