Watch this video of the 2014 Swarthmore Lecture given by Quaker author and academic Ben Pink Dandelion. Ben’s lecture explores the theme of transformation and ends with a call for us as Quakers to return to a transforming and transformational faith. One hour.
Other questions for discussion:
- Historically Friends distinguished themselves as a peculiar people – refusing hat honor and titles, not taking oaths, lifting up the equality of women, native peoples, etc… In what ways do you see that Friends today have practices that set them apart “from the crowd?
- What are the Quaker Testimonies?
- Can you share about an action in the world that inspired you – one that you understand to be born of faith?
- In what ways can spirituality ground activism?
- What about Quakerism propels us transform the world?
Where in daily life are opportunities for being a pattern or example?
What events, relationships, and people have been significant to your faith life?