I was able to get to know the children deep enough that I could provide some real guidance and support.2019 Junior Gathering Oaks Workshop Leader
Staff Expectations and Requirements
All Staff Must
- Submit 3 references from people who are familiar with your work with children (if you have not worked with Gathering youth programs for the past two years).
- Be active in a Quaker Meeting, School or Organization during the 6 months prior to serving as Gathering Youth Staff.
- Complete an Online Child & Staff Safety Training prior to Gathering.
- Attend onsite Training prior to Gathering.
- If Junior Gathering staff must arrive early, FGC will pay for the staff member’s room fee (unfortunately we cannot pay for other family members unless they are also staff).
- High School staff are provided early housing as a part of their workgrant.
- Attend daily Junior Gathering Staff Worship (if possible). JG Staff Worship meets daily from 7:45-8:15 am. Staff worship is a real highlight for those who can attend. At the rise of worship, announcements and updates on Junior Gathering activities are shared.
- Wear staff T-shirts while during Junior Gathering programs.
- For safety’s sake, each JG staff member will be issued a JG staff T-shirt to wear during program time. The JG Staff shirts are bright pink and easy for children to identify. The graphic was designed in 2016 by a Junior Gathering participant.
- High School staff are expected to wear the High School Program shirt during the Check-in and Orientation on Sunday 7/3.
- Staff shirts are ordered on your staff application and will be distributed during staff training.
- Clean Up and Pack Up at the end of the week
- All Junior Gathering staff are expected to dedicate at least 2 hours to our pack up and clean up process. At the beginning of the week, staff can choose from a variety of time slots.
- Smoking is prohibited within sight of children and youth.
- We ask Gathering Youth Staff of all ages to use utmost discretion. Please avoid smoking in visual or smell range of Gathering children and youth whether you are on duty of not. We consider this crucial to your place as a Gathering youth caregiver and role model.
All Supervisory Staff Must
Supervisory Staff include all Junior Gathering Coordinators and High School Staff.
- Provide consent for a background check (must be renewed every five years).
- Have previous experience in Gathering Youth Programs or similar experience facilitating groups of Quaker children and youth.
- Possess an ability to maintain an awareness of safety concerns while implementing program.
- Possess ability to supervise support staff.
- Experience in celebrating the Spirit with children and youth.