Vital Friends: Resources for Quaker Parents and Friends engaged in the Ministry of Religious Education
Looking for virtual events and resources made especially for Quaker youth? Or just a note to validate your concerns and grief over what’s changed (possibly forever) due to the coronavirus pandemic of 2020? Our resource list has you covered.
Have a resource or article to add to this list? Send it to us!
This article originally appeared in the October 2020 issue of Vital Friends. View the full issue.
- Planning Religious Education Programming for Children During COVID-19 by Melinda Wenner Bradley
- An Open Letter to Friends Engaged in Youth Ministry by Windy Cooler, Emily Provance, and Melinda Wenner Bradley (Published by the Quaker Religious Education Collaborative)
- Valiant Together: RE Support During COVID-19 Facebook Group
- Faith & Play Stories Website
- Video: Seeing That of God in Your Children by QuakerSpeak (A Project of Friends Journal)
- Junior Yearly Meeting – An initiative of New England Yearly Meeting
- Colours of Us: 33 Multicultural Children’s Books about Peace
- Family Devotionals with Emily Provance
- Quaker Parent Mutual Support Groups:
- New York Yearly Meeting will soon launch mutual support groups for Quaker parents. These groups, which will meet either weekly or bi-weekly through April 2021, will provide a space for conversation between Friends who are currently parenting children. Facilitators will be present to set things up and provide listening ears, but the time will be loosely structured so that it can be what you need it to be.
- Although this effort is supported by New York Yearly Meeting, Quaker parents from other places are warmly welcomed. Learn more and register to participate.
If you have questions, please contact Emily Provance (support group coordinator).