FGC offers a couple enrichment service that can assist you in nurturing your relationship using Quaker values and practices. Would you like to:
- Deepen your relationship with your partner?
- Witness God’s healing and reconciling love as a couple?
- Commit to transforming your relationship through worship and dialogue?
- Address conflict in ways inspired by Quaker principles?
- Bring a workshop or retreat for couples to your meeting?
What is Couple Enrichment?
Couple Enrichment offers weekend retreats and workshops for committed couples to help nurture their relationships and hone good communication skills.
Who is welcome to participate?
Workshops are open to any adult couple in a committed relationship regardless of marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or meeting affiliation.
What can we expect to experience at a Couple Enrichment event?
Events are conducted in a worshipful Quaker atmosphere of trust and respect. They are lead by a couple with a commitment to growth and to sharing the joys and struggles of their own relationship. Strict confidentiality is maintained.
Couples can expect to:
- Take stock, reviewing together what they value in each other
- Take time to work through differences or unresolved disagreements
- See how other couples relate
- Witness the power of God’s healing love
How Can We Find a Workshop?
FGC Couple Enrichment workshops are offered regionally throughout the US and Canada. Contact FGC to find a workshop near you. Additionally, Couple Enrichment workshops are provided at the Friends General Conference Annual Summer Gathering every year in early July.
You could also ask your meeting to host a Couple Enrichment retreat or workshop with the help of FGC.
Steps for bringing a Couple Enrichment event to your meeting:
- Ask your meeting to sponsor a couple enrichment retreat or gather four to ten interested couples.
- Contact FGC to put you in touch with nearby Couple Enrichment leaders.
- Work with Couple Enrichment leaders on arrangements and logistics.
Curious about sponsoring a Couple Enrichment event? Find out more.