Ad Hoc Welcoming Committee
Welcoming newcomers and everyone is a shared ministry by the entire community. This ministry offers love and acceptance to all who enter our worship space.
The welcoming committee has the following charges:
- To implement and oversee a process whereby newcomers are welcomed on first day.
- To make recommendations to business meeting about how we can be an authentic welcoming community. This would include considerations of:
- How we make information available about ourselves on our website (or elsewhere) before someone comes to meeting
- How we welcome people on First Day, and whether the information that is shared is inclusive, accessible and without jargon
- How we reach out to people after their first or second visit to Meeting
- How we invite people to participate in the life of the Meeting
- How we get to know each other more deeply
- How and whether our physical space is welcoming and accessible to all
- How we can create a community where all are welcomed.