Last updated 2/18/2016
Respecting your privacy is an issue of integrity, and, as a Quaker organization, integrity is part of who we are. This policy outlines the specifics about how we collect and use your personal information.
Information we collect about you
- When you register for an event, fill out an online form on www.fgcquaker.org or www.quakerbooks.org, join a committee, or otherwise communicate with Friends General Conference (FGC), we will frequently ask you to provide contact information. We may also ask you to provide demographic information and information about your needs and preferences as they relate to services offered by FGC.
- When you purchase books, donate money or attend a paid event organized by FGC we will ask you to provide billing and payment information.
- FGC uses common Internet technologies, such as cookies and Web beacons, to monitor website performance, to keep track of anonymous interactions with the Organization's Web sites and personalized interaction with some of our emails.
- Yearly meetings, associations and monthly meetings affiliated directly with FGC provide mailing information for their members and attenders approximately once per year.
How we use that information
- FGC uses information collected to provide you with the services you request.
- FGC may use information collected to provide you with additional information about FGC’s services, events and to request your financial support for our work.
- FGC may use information collected to improve our Web sites and Services.
- FGC may use information provided by affiliated yearly meetings and monthly meetings for up to three print mailings per year.
- FGC may use information collected and information provided by yearly and monthly meetings for communications related to service on FGC committees and in FGC governance roles.
- FGC uses a number of third-party services that are critical to our ability to complete our work and to serve Friends. As a result, FGC may share information we have collected about you with companies and vendors that provide services that allow or facilitate FGC to accomplish its work. These companies do not sell, rent, or trade personally identifiable information with third parties. They do not use information provided by FGC for their promotional purposes or for any purpose other than to aid in FGC accomplishing its work. While this is not an exhaustive list, the detailed privacy policies of our most frequently and widely used vendors/services are available here:
- FGC shares and/or sells information on individuals who participate in specific FGC events with other participants of that same event in the form of an event contact list. That information is provided to event participants on the condition that it is not shared, not used for bulk communication and that it is not used for organizational or institutional purposes.
- FGC may, at your request, share your personal information publically on the internet through our Quakerfinder service if you are serving as the public contact for your Quaker meeting.
- FGC sells information provided by individuals who have elected to have their information shared and sold as an entry in the publication the Directory for Traveling Friends.
- Other than as described above, FGC will not review, share, distribute, or reference for third parties any such personal information except as may be required by law or as is necessary to protect the rights or property of FGC and/or our constituents.
- FGC does not share, sell, rent, or trade personally identifiable information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- FGC staff and volunteers may access personal information only for the purposes of providing services, conducting statistical analysis to better understand our constituents, requesting financial support, preventing or addressing service or technical problems, in connection with providing technical support or service, or as may be required by law.
- If you provide FGC with contact information, you may be asked if you would like to subscribe or unsubscribe from specific types of communications from FGC.
- You can also subscribe or update those subscriptions on this website. FGC will make our best effort to honor those preferences.
- Periodically FGC may give you the opportunity to subscribe to additional FGC communications by sending you a sample of content to which you have not subscribed. These communications will happen no more than once per year.
- FGC may periodically send requests for financial support to all individuals who have shared their contact information with us and who have not otherwise opted-out of these communications. If you would prefer not to receive these requests from FGC, you can opt-out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to Opt-out
- You may opt-out of specific communications from FGC by logging into www.fgcquaker.org and expressing your preferences on your user profile.
- You may opt-out from having your information shared as part of an event participant list for an individual FGC sponsored event by selecting the opt-out option as part of the registration process for that individual event. Note that this does not opt you out of receiving communications from FGC directly related to your participation in this event it is only requesting your personal information not appear in the participant list.
- If you have requested to have your information shared as part of the publication the Directory of Traveling Friends you may opt-out from having your information shared as part of this directory by contacting FGC at www.fgcquaker.org/contact.
- You may opt-out of all communications from FGC by
- Logging in and checking the "opt-out" box on here www.fgcquaker.org/user.
- Mailing us a letter or sending us an e-mail containing your full name, address, and e-mail address to the address below, specifying that you have elected to opt-out of all communication.
- We will update your records as promptly as is practical; however, you may receive communications while we process your request.
Changes to this Policy
- If our information practices change, we will post the policy changes here and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses.
- If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check this page periodically for updates.
How to Contact Us
Questions regarding FGC’s Privacy Statement or information practices should be directed here or by mail:
Friends General Conference
1216 Arch St
Philadelphia, PA 19107