Virtual Retreat for Parents of Interracial Families
Event Date: Saturday, March 16, 2024 -through Sunday, March 17, 2024
Event Time: All day
All events are Eastern Time
Registration deadline: March 11
Join the Ministry on Racism at the 2024 Virtual Retreat for Parents of Interracial Families! This retreat aims to center Spirit in the creation of a space for meaningful conversations, shared experiences, and valuable insights on navigating the unique dynamics of interracial families within our Quaker community. White and BIPOC parents of interracial families are welcome to attend. Parents of adult children are welcome to attend.
Parents of interracial families may include:
- Interracial couples with mixed-race children
- Single parents with mixed-race children
- Parents of transracial adoptees
- Parents of blended families with different races represented
We know that the scenarios listed above will not cover all types of interracial families. If you have a question about whether or not this retreat is right for you, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each participant must complete a registration form. If you are attending this retreat with a partner or co-parent, each of you should complete a registration form.
- Date: March 16 and 17, 2024
- Platform: Zoom
- Cost: $60 per person
- Financial Aid: Available for Friends of Color through the Mahala Ashley Dickerson Fund. Please apply for financial aid by February 16.