- Do you love to listen to people?
- Do you enjoy searching for answers to all sorts of questions?
While our physical office is closed, volunteers can answer the phone remotely and respond to recorded messages.
Once our office reopens, we are also looking for one or more volunteers to come once a week to answer the telephone and doorbell so that our small staff can focus on other work.
Tasks might include:
- Answering the phone and directing program or administrative calls to the appropriate extension.
- Listening to a wide variety of questions and suggesting sources of information (i.e. Friends’ historical collections, Quaker Information Center, FGC website, FWCC, looking up yearly or monthly meeting public contacts, etc.)
- Sometimes, just offering a listening ear.
- Greeting occasional visitors, signing for packages, and directing substitute mail carriers (when office is open).
Want more information? Want to volunteer? Contact Susan Lee Barton (215-561-1700, ext. 3008 or [email protected]).