FGC is seeking a Bookstore Fulfillment Clerk II (Part-Time/ 10 hours per week). This is a part-time through August 31, 2017. It may become permanent part-time.
QuakerBooks of FGC serves Friends, meetings and other interested people by providing books, pamphlets, curricula for First Day schools, and other materials in order to stimulate the spiritual development of Friends of all ages. FGC seeks to balance the need to operate the Bookstore as an efficient and responsible business with the primary mission of service to Friends, principally to those in the unprogrammed tradition. The Bookstore serves Friends through internet, mail, and telephone orders, consignments to yearly meetings and other Quaker events, and point of sale customers in the store at Pendle Hill. The bookstore at Pendle Hill is currently Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9 am to 4 pm and on Saturday, 10 am to 4 pm.
High school graduation or equivalent is required.
Experience Requirement: A minimum of three (3) months of shipping/retail experience is required.
1. Familiarity with the Religious Society of Friends
2. Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures, personal computer proficiency, basic Internet research familiarity, and ability to enter data accurately
1. Customer relations
2. Interpersonal relations and communications
3. Physical strength and agility are required to lift, carry, bend, stoop and move heavy boxes (up to 50 lbs.) of books and merchandise on a regular basis
4. Problem solving skills
5. Ability to handle money
6. Data entry skills
7. Ability to work with interruptions and meet deadlines and schedules
8. Ability to make effective decisions
9. Ability to operate postal and other scales accurately
10. Ability to write and print legibly
11. Ability to perform basic arithmetic computations
12. Ability to maintain accurate records
13. Ability to work effectively with Manager of QuakerBooks & More
14. Ability to operate/quickly learn how to operate a pricing gun, calculator, electronic bar coder, text management computer system, postal scale, shrink wrap machine, hand truck and cash register
15. Ability to work safely
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Shipping of merchandise, using in-store order system and shipping software
2. Assemble consignments for special event, local meeting, and yearly meeting book tables. This includes recording consignments
3. Receiving returning consignments, including restocking the books and merchandize, and recording the returns
4. Communicate with customers by email, telephone and in-store
5. General bookstore duties as time permits (displays, stocking, store sales)
Overall: Associate Secretary of Communications, Publications, and Outreach
Daily: Manager of QuakerBooks & More
Up to $14/hour
To apply, send a resume and the names of 3 references to Brent Bill at firstname.lastname@example.org