This eRetreat offers participants the opportunity to develop their understanding of what racism, white supremacy, and white privilege are, and how they are embedded in our society, Quaker meetings, and lives. You will gain knowledge of historical and current realities of racial oppression in the United States and explore how Quaker faith and practice can provide grounding, tools, and fire for our work against racial injustice. You will explore how Spirit is calling you to action for racial justice while gaining tools for identifying and disrupting racism, white privilege, and white supremacy.
- Four weeks, $45 pay-as-led participation fee
eRetreat Weekly Themes:
Week 1: Defining Racism, Bias, and White Supremacy
Week 2: Our Role as Individuals in a Racist Society
Week 3: Quaker Community & White Supremacy
Week 4: Tools for Dismantling White Supremacy
The eRetreat community will operate under the following premises:
- We live in a country built on white supremacy. White supremacy is the operating system in the US.
- We are here to push against systemic, institutional, and individual racism.
- White fragility is a tool of white supremacy and we are here to push against it, not comfort and protect it.
- If you are white, the strategies we are sharing during the eRetreat will push against white fragility and racism. Pay attention to your reactions and be aware of your body. You might be uncomfortable. That’s okay.
Sign up for the Spiritual Deepening email list to be notified when registration opens for this session.