Companion in the ministry
The companion in the ministry is sometimes referred to as a spiritual companion or an elder. We encourage all FGC Gathering workshop leaders to have a companion in the ministry, a Friend who has demonstrated spiritual maturity and has the recommendation of his or her meeting.
The responsibilities of the companion in the ministry may include:
- Holding the workshop leader(s) and participants in prayer before, during, and after the workshop
- Supporting the workshop leader(s) in being open to the guidance of the Spirit
- Concentrating on the practical details of the workshop in order to free the leader(s) from distractions
- Modeling prayerful attentiveness during the workshop
- Providing discernment regarding the dynamics of the group
- Providing insights into what might be helpful in responding to the Spirit’s unfolding of the group’s time together
- Providing prayerful, loving feedback for the leader(s)
Click here for more information about this role.