Vital Friends is FGC's monthly eNewsletter that shares news, resources, and announcements with Friends. Below is the introductory text and table of contents.
This year’s FGC Gathering was a powerful reminder that the fullness of what it means to be a Friend can only be known when we share deeply and powerfully with each other the diversity of our experiences and needs. By listening to one another and to Spirit, we can act together to build a stronger community and to do our best to affirm that of God in everyone.
It is because of you, every one of you, young and old, of every race and ethnicity, involved in every profession and walk of life imaginable, that FGC is a vital organization and a dynamic growing fellowship of yearly meetings, monthly meetings, churches and Friends. In this newsletter we’ll share some reflections on the 2016 FGC Gathering along with important actions taken since it ended.
We’ll also share the recent work of Piedmont Yearly Meeting, introduce FGC’s new Ministry on Racism Support Specialist, as well as share additional resources and information to support your spiritual practice. We hope the remainder of your summer is invigorating and inspiring as we continue this journey of creating FGC together
In the Spirit,
This issue contains:
- Program Spotlight: 2016 FGC Gathering
- FGC Friends: Piedmont Friends Fellowship & Piedmont Friends Yearly Meeting
- New to FGC Staff: Lena Glickman
- 2016 Gathering Bible Half Hour Recordings
- Gathering Plenary Recordings on YouTube
- Best Selling Books from 2016 FGC Gathering
- AFSC Seeks General Secretary
- Among Friends: NYM Fall Gathering and LEYM Fall Interim Session