January 2018 Update: QuakerBooks of FGC has relaunched! Click here to visit QuakerBooks.org to enjoy our new ordering system.
Our original update begins below:
We’ve been listening to you, our customers, about how you want QuakerBooks to be of service and what kind of customer service you’d like. We are pleased to announce some important changes that will help QuakerBooks focus on our core services of:
- Continuing to strengthen the Religious Society of Friends by providing key resources for local meetings, yearly meetings, and individuals.
- Fulfilling on-line/phone order sales for Friends and spiritual seekers in a timely manner
- Stocking a core selection of books of interest to our customers
- Working to provide consignments to yearly meeting sessions and other events
- Running a vital Gathering store
One of these changes is that we will be moving our inventory to a fulfillment house. This company has been serving customers, including other religious publishers and bookstores, like ours for over forty years. Once the move is complete, you’ll still place orders via QuakerBooks.org or our toll-free telephone number. The benefits of this move include:
- Enhanced customer service
- Shipments generally within 24 hours of ordering
- Items shipped five days a week
- Telephone orders taken during business hours five days a week
- Checks as a payment method, if you don’t feel comfortable using a credit card on-line or via telephone
- International orders fulfilled in a timely manner
A move like this is a large undertaking. So, beginning in early October, we will not be serving walk-in customers, taking consignment orders, or receiving telephone orders. All orders during the transition period must go through QuakerBooks.org. The move will be complete in late December. Beginning January 2, QuakerBooks will then be able to take phone orders, consignment orders, and online orders.
Also, in late November we will have a special three-day sale at our Pendle Hill location as we close out our walk-in operations there. You’ll find substantial discounts on books, greetings cards, journals, and more during that sale. More details about this opportunity will be in the next edition of BookMusings, our monthly eNewsletter from QuakerBooks.
We appreciate your past support of QuakerBooks – and your continued support as we move forward and endeavor to serve you.