As part of Gathering Evening Programs, Friends from across the continent and beyond will gather in online groups around shared topics of interest. Let’s gather around issues such as family life, religious education for children and teens, climate disruption, social activism, and immigration. We’ll listen, share, learn, and build deeper connections.
There will be 5 topic groups to choose from, which will each have a facilitator as well as breakout sessions focused on a query. There will be an alternate option of a less-structured open connection group (Quaker Mash Up), where you'll have a chance to chat and connect with other attenders.
The day of the event, Gathering registrants will recieve links to all the connection groups - you'll choose which group you want to join.
• Quaker Faith and Spirituality: Exploring how we practice our faith in different and emerging ways. Finding intersectionality of living our faith throughout our lives.
• Mental, Physical, Spiritual Wellness: An opportunity to reconnect your metal, physical, and spiritual wellness in a holistic practice.
• Hybrid Meeting For Worship: What have we learned? In Building Quaker communities both separately and together. Explore the spiritual and pastoral care of expanding our meeting communities virtually and how to continue our virtual connections with in-person settings.
• Racial Justice: Noticing and exploring our roles in the systems that uphold racism in our communities.
• Indigenous People's Concerns: Learning how to build right-relationship with native people and our lands
• In-reach: Building inclusive Quaker communities in strengthening our meeting connections, welcoming those already present and preparing ourselves to greet newcomers to our space
• Quaker Mash Up - Quick Community Connections: Meet your fellow Quakers in a unique opportunity for fun, close connections, and community. Quaker Mash-Up offers 3 opportunities to connect in small groups over the course of 90 minutes, complete with starter questions, and forge new connections. Join us for one group or stick around for all four!