Buffalo Airport Shuttle will be providing transportation between the Buffalo Niagara International Airport (BUF) and Niagara University. The initial fee is $65 per trip, but Buffalo Airport Shuttle will group FGC travelers together if possible. The more FGC travelers on one shuttle, the cheaper the rates. See their flyer for details.
Vehicles and drivers will be determined based on the number of advance reservations. Make reservations by June 16 for the best chance of getting grouped with others at a convenient time. You can check with Buffalo Airport Shuttle about available seats up to 24 hours before your trip.
Wheelchair and Special Needs
If you need a wheelchair-accessible vehicle (with a lift or ramp) for the airport shuttle, please contact the Gathering Office and register for the Scooter Shuttle when you register for the Gathering. We can not accept any reservations for the Gathering Scooter Shuttle after June 9.
If you are able to fold up or disassemble your wheelchair or scooter and ride in a van seat, you can use Buffalo Airport Shuttle & MedVan. You must notify them in advance, when you make your reservation. They told us, "If we are notified in advance and the wheelchairs can be folded up and the passenger is able to step up into a van then our driver can definitely help with this." Another option is renting a scooter for use once you arrive on campus. Please contact the Gathering Office if you would like to arrange a scooter rental.
Airport Shuttle Price
The initial price for one adult will be $65 each way. However, if two or more people are traveling to FGC at the same time, the price per person goes down with every additional person, and your credit card will be refunded anything over the discounted price. Therefore, it is very important that you make shuttle reservations by phone and tell them that you are going to the FGC Gathering.
Example : Someone calls to make a reservation to be picked up at 4 p.m. on Sunday to go to the FGC Gathering. Their credit card is charged $65. The next day two friends traveling together make a reservation for two FGC attenders to be picked up at 4:15 p.m., paying $65 each. Buffalo Airport Shuttle could group them all together in one vehicle and charge $28 each. They would then refund credit cards $37 per person.
We advise making departure shuttle reservations by June 16. You might be able to schedule a ride up to 24 hours before you leave, but that would only be if there is a driver and vehicle available and you might have to pay the full $65 price. Buffalo Airport Shuttle will be scheduling vehicle sizes and drivers based on the number of advance reservations for departures. If you want to be guaranteed a seat, make your reservations by June 16.
Please allow one hour to get to the airport. The final Gathering airport shuttle should leave campus by 1:30 p.m. on Saturday the 8th. (We ask everyone to leave campus by 2:00 p.m.).
Note that closing worship is from 9 to 10am.
To make a Buffalo Airport Shuttle reservation call toll free 877-750-2550. Reservations made online will NOT reflect the discounted conference pricing.
To reserve airport transportation you need to know:
- The date and scheduled time of arrival (or departure).
- Where you are coming from (or going to).
- Names of everyone traveling with you, including ages of everyone under 18.
- Will you have any oversized luggage?
- Will you need any assistance stowing a wheelchair in the back and stepping up into a van? (If you need a wheelchair lift, contact the Gathering office for separate transportation.)
The Discover Niagara shuttle is currently free but might have a $3 fee this Summer. It runs between the Niagara Falls train station, Niagara University Campus (Castellani Art Museum stop), Niagara Falls and a number of other points of interest. The Greyhound bus stops within a few blocks of the shuttle. Hours are 9:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. (Most trains arrive and leave between these times.) You can download a shuttle map here.
If you need a ride from the station outside of times for the Discover Niagara shuttle, there are numerous taxi options. Expect to pay $13-$15 for a ride to campus.
You will need to provide your own car seats for young children using the airport shuttle.
Follow these state guidelines:
- Any child younger than four must ride in a federally approved child safety seat that's properly secured by a safety belt or a universal child restraint anchorage system.
- All children younger than 8 years old must be secured in a child safety seat restraint system. This includes safety seats, harness vests and booster seats attached via safety belts.
- Any child younger than 4, but who weighs more than 40 pounds, may be secured in a booster seat with a lap and shoulder belt.
- If all safety seats are occupied, a child who would normally require a booster seat should instead be secured by a lap belt.
- Every rider younger than 16 must use a seat belt.