Junior Gathering is:
- Home base for newborns to rising ninth graders (Click here for High School program)
- Where young people learn, play, and thrive at the Gathering
- A time for games, songs, and stories
- A place to make friends and experience Quakerism with Friends from across the continent
- Full of fun and educational Quaker-based activities led by a diverse, caring, and skilled staff
Junior Gathering offers:
- Morning program (8:45-noon), while adults attend weeklong workshops
- Evening program (6:45-9:00 PM), while adults attend plenary sessions
- In 2020 we will be piloting an afternoon session for Junior Gathering. Stay tuned for more information!
Junior Gathering Groups
Participants are placed in age-appropriate groups for the entire week of the Gathering. Infants and toddlers will have at least one adult for every two children. Groups for older children will have an adult for every 4 to 5 youngsters.
Junior Gathering staff strive to keep our Junior Gathering community engaging, nurturing, inclusive and welcoming of all children and families.
“My child felt like the teachers really cared about having a kind, welcoming culture in the classroom and were very energetic!” –Pinetrees Parent
If you want to learn more about Junior Gathering or have questions, please contact: Gathering Youth Coordinator Marian Dalke or the co-clerks at [email protected]
You may also enjoy watching The Gathering Video.