- Where can I view the Gathering Registration Packet and Daily Sheets?
- How do I sign up for field trips?
- How do I submit an announcement to the Daily Bulletin?
- Where can I read the Daily Bulletin online?
- Where should I go when I have a question or problem during the Gathering?
- What if I just want to come for the day?
Local Food Questions
- If I want to buy just a few meals in the dining center, what are the prices?
- Where can I buy food on campus or nearby besides the cafeteria?
Questions about what to expect on campus
- Where can I park?
- How can people reach me at the Gathering?
- What is the mailing address for conference registrants?
- What about internet access on campus?
- Will we have access to a swimming pool on campus?
- Where can I find a map of the campus?
Where can I view the Gathering Registration Packet and Daily Sheets?
How do I sign up for field trips?
Once you are at the Gathering, sign up for pre-planned off-campus trips offered Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday afternoons. Costs vary. You can also design your own trip with information provided at the Local Arrangements table. More info on Gathering Field Trips
The Gathering Schedules and Handouts page will be updated throughout the week with new Daily Bulletins!
Our Info Desk - in the Joe Rosenfield Center (JRC) - has a wealth of information, lists of resource people at the Gathering, and friendly people able to help find answers if they don't know something. For some issues they might refer you to the Gathering Office (215-561-1700, option 2). Except for emergencies, please check with the Info Desk or Gathering Office first. Info Desk Hours are 8am to 10pm. Gathering Office hours are 8am to 9pm.
Here are some other useful phone numbers.
- Emergency Assistance (police, ambulance, fire): On campus: 641-269-4600 OR 911
- Campus Security (non-emergency): 641-236-2670
- Poison Information Center: 800-222-1222
- Grinnell Regional Medical Center: (641) 236-7511
- Manatt Family Urgent Care: (641) 236-2378
- Pharmacy: Medicap Pharmacy (641) 236-3663, Hyvee Pharmacy (641) 236-6S84, Walmart Pharmacy (641) 236-4999
- Replacement keys or meal cards if lost: Grinnell Conference & Events Office in the JRC
If you want to come for the day, adults (age 18 and older) can register as a Part-Time attender, either online or onsite Monday (7/1) - Friday (7/5) at the Info Desk in the JRC. One-day attendence is $95. More about Part-Time attendance.
Local Food Questions
Attenders staying off-campus and part-timers will be able to purchase individual meals at the cafeteria. Any pre-Gathering meals (before Sunday dinner) will also be at these prices. There is also a grill in the Student Center where food can be purchased a la carte. It will be open 8am-2pm.
There are a number of restaurants and cafes in walking distance of campus.
Cash meal prices:
Adult, High School, & Middle School (age 12 and up)
Youth (age 6-10)
Child (age 0-5)
Questions about what to expect on the Grinnell College campus
Check-In is in the Bear Athletic Center lobby on Saturday, June 29 from 3 to 7 pm and on Sunday, June 30 from 1 pm to 9 pm. FGC signs will direct you to the parking lot for check-in as you near campus (lots H, J, or K). Long term parking is in lot H, J, and along the south residence halls. Please do not park in handicap spaces with out a legal handicap sticker. (view a downloadable PDF map of campus.)
There is one laundry room per dorm. Our accessibility team will have fragrance-free laundry detergent available - please use it!