Public ContentAnyone can view this post
Here are a few Quaker affiliated organizations working in support of our testimonies.
Regional and Umbrella Organizations
- Friends General Conference (FGC): An association of regional Quaker organizations from the liberal tradition in North America.
- Friends United Meeting (FUM): An association of regional Quaker organizations from the pastoral tradition in North America, the Caribbean, East Africa, and the Middle East.
- Evangelical Friends Church Eastern Region (EFI): An association of regional Quaker organizations from the evangelical tradition in North America, Latin America, Europe, East Africa, and Southeast Asia.
- Friends World Committee for Consultation (FWCC): An association encouraging fellowship among all the branches of the Religious Society of Friends.
- FWCC Section of the Americas: the portion of FWCC that covers North, Central, and South America.
- New England Yearly Meeting (NEYM): A community of Quakers and Quaker meetings across New England.
- New York Yearly Meeting (NYYM): The denominational organization of Quaker meetings (congregations) in New York State, northern New Jersey, and southwestern Connecticut.
Peace and Social Concerns
- Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP): A network of volunteers, initially supported by Quakers, running workshops for anyone who wants to find ways of resolving conflict without resorting to violence.
- American Friends Service Committee (AFSC): A Quaker organization that promotes lasting peace with justice, as a practical expression of faith in action.
- Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL): A nonpartisan, multi-issue advocacy lobby connecting historic Quaker testimonies on peace, equality, simplicity, and truth with peace and social justice issues.
- Friends Peace Teams Project: A Spirit-led organization working around the world to develop long-term relationships with communities in conflict to create programs for peacebuilding, healing and reconciliation.
- Quaker Earthcare Witness (QEW): Seeking emerging insights into right relationship
with Earth and unity with nature.
- Quaker United Nations Office (QUNO): A Quaker presence at the U.N. representing Friends' concerns for global peace and justice to the international community.
- Right Sharing of World Resources (RSWR): A Quaker micro-credit organization that supports grassroots income-generating projects in developing countries, led by women, many of whom are making less than a dollar a day.
Conference and Retreat Centers
- Pendle Hill: A Quaker study, retreat, and conference center that seeks to transform lives and foster peace with justice in the world.
- Powell House: The Quaker conference and retreat center of the New York Yearly Meeting, located in Old Chatham, New York.
- William Penn House: A Quaker center on Capitol Hill that engages people from all walks of life with issues of peace, reconciliation, social and economic justice, and environmental awareness, through inward reflection, hands-on experience, education, and community building.
Youth / Education / Service
- Connecticut Friends School (CFS): A Preschool for children ages 2-5 Under the care of Wilton Monthly Meeting.
- Quaker Voluntary Service (QVS): A placement organization for Friends seeking to participate in Spirit-led service communities in the U.S.
- Youth Services Opportunity Project: YSOP engages youth, college students and adults in meaningful service experiences through an innovative program that combines an orientation to the issues, hands on volunteer work and reflection.
- Friends Journal: Quaker Thought and Life Today. An independent magazine serving the Religious Society of Friends.
- Quakerbooks: The bookstore of FGC carrying books, pamphlets, ebooks, CDs, and DVD’s that inform Quakers.
- QuakerSpeak: A Quaker YouTube channel of interviews of Friends of all different backgrounds who answer the core questions of our faith.
- Pendle Hill Bookstore: Pamphlets arising from the author’s spiritual experience, religious concern, or special knowledge of an important contemporary theme.
- QuakerQuaker: Primitive Christianity Revived, Again: Forums, Blogs, Events, Videos, etc.
- Aging Resources Consultation and Help (ARCH): A program of New York Yearly Meeting that connects our older and differently abled f/Friends with the care they need.
- Friends Services Alliance (FSA): A national professional association of values-aligned organizations that serve seniors. A list of member organizations is available on their website.
- Quaker Aging Resources: New York Yearly Meeting & Philadelphia Yearly Meeting organization to assist Meetings and individuals in responding to the needs of aging Friends including age related changes, chronic illness or disability.
- Quaker Nursing/Retirement Homes: A list of Nursing/Retirement Homes on the Quaker.org website.
- Quaker.org: A website maintained by Freinds Journal that includes links to Quaker organizations, meetings, writings, history , genealogy, businesses, and more.
- Quaker Information Center: A gateway to Quakerism maintained by the Earlham School of Religion.
- QuakerInfo.com: An online source for information on the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers)