NYM Spring Interim Session 2018
NYM will hold its Spring Interim Session in Milwaukee on March 16 and 17, 2018
- 7:00 pm Friday Opening Gathering
- 9:00 am Saturday - Meeting for Business (with a 1-1/2 hour lunch break to allow committee time)
Go to www.milwaukeequakers.org for directions to the Milwaukee Meetinghouse.
All are welcome.
1) NYM Committees (or clerks) desiring to meet on Friday prior to the evening session should all the Milwaukee Friends Meetinghouse at (414) 263-2111 to arrange for space at the Meetinghouse. Milwaukee Friends will also then know what time to be available at the door to let you in.
2) Friday Evening of Spring Interim Session, March 16: Please plan to attend the Friday evening March 16 opening gathering of the NYM Spring Interim Session at the Milwaukee Friends Meetinghouse from 7pm to 9pm. Leading the evening session are Milwaukee Friends Elizabeth Evans, George Owen and Dan O'Keefe. In small groups we will explore ways to "rededicate ourselves to the task of giving legs to our own faith and making it walk upon the earth.' (NYM Faith and Practice, p. 80); Please plan to bring your copy of Faith and Practice for this and other references.
3) NYM Spring Interim Session March 16-17 begins at 9:00 and will have a longer lunch break on Saturday to allow committees a brief period to meet. Lunch plus committee time will be 1 1/2 hours total." Any questions contact Clerk Dave Minden.
If you would like to inquire about housing accommodations, transportation needs, and information about dining venues while in Milwaukee for the session, please contact Don Pardee, Convener, Ministry & Counsel at [email protected].
Don will be working with Friend Barb Coyle to document attendees’ needs and arrange appropriate housing with Milwaukee Friends for your stay. Please email Don the following information at your earliest convenience but by February 24th at the latest if you will be attending the meeting:
First Name, Last Name:
Will you have a car? Will you be able to transport others around town?
Number of beds needed:
Personal Preferences (i.e.- no pets, cats OK, dogs OK, smoke free, food allergies: please note we will do our best to match up but cannot guarantee all preferences will be met)
Other hospitality needs:
NOTE: If you have a login to this website you will see a related link on this page, with contact information for all clerks & committees. To request a login contact the NYM Web Clerk at [email protected] or click "Sign up for online meeting access" at the top of the page.