Fall 2021 Interim Session
Nothern Yearly Meeting’s Fall Interim Session is scheduled for Thursday night through Sunday morning, Oct. 28-31, on Zoom.
- Thursday night will involve an engaging dive into a particular theme.
- Friday night will be devoted to fun and community building.
- The bulk of our business will take place on Saturday.
- We will finish up leftover business on Sunday morning, followed by worship together.
The session website is the place for the schedule, session zoom links, reports, instructions, etc.
For the Zoom links, agenda, full schedule & reports go to www.as.northernyearlymeeting.org
Go to the Schedule and Links page.
|Thursday Oct 28|
|7:00-8:30 pm||Financial Soup
What are we (as NYM Quakers) mixing in that pot?
|Friday Oct 29|
|7 - 8:30 pm||Friday Night
Welcome, fun and playful time related to our past year as Quakers living our faith.
|Saturday Oct 30|
|8:30 am -12:30 pm
Gather at 8:20 for music
|Worshipful attention to business
There will be 2 breaks
|2:15 - 4:00 pm
Gather at 2:00 for singing
|Presentation, worship and worship sharing on budgetary discernment|
|Sunday Oct 31|
|Sunday morning 10/31
gather at 8:20 for singing
|Meeting for Business|
Stay until 12:00 for socializing
|Meeting for Worship|
Thursday night’s session will involve the use of a worksheet (find it on the session website), a document with summary descriptions of the organizations to which NYM donates, and instructions for the activity. Please read and/or consider printing for easy access during the Thursday night session. We also recommend you count out 60 dry beans to have on hand. (Yes, an actual bean counting exercise!)
We hope to see you Oct. 28-31!
Please join us for what we expect will be a rich NYM Fall Interim Session on Oct. 28-31! Our agenda focuses in-depth on a few items, and we expect some deep and substantive conversations.
Our single biggest theme: We’ll be doing another deep dive into our budget, with a special emphasis on our donations to Quaker organizations, starting Thursday evening. See below for more details.
Highlights from the agenda:
- Advancement & Outreach: How can we best support our MMs and WGs during this hard time?
- Antiracism Working Group: How is our antiracism commitment evolving?
- Children and Youth: some big new ideas!
- Nimble Responders: nimbly responding!
- Long Range Sessions Planning: some important questions for us to ponder as we consider where to hold our annual sessions.
- Finance Committee: starting on Thursday night, and through the rest of session (see below.)
- And of course, Friday night fun and frolics!
More on the agenda:
Our single biggest theme: We’ll be doing another deep dive into our budget, with a special emphasis on our donations to Quaker organizations.
Through a series of dynamic, interactive sessions you will know the good work being done with our money, you will consider your own financial priorities for NYM and share what excites you, and you will help NYM worshipfully discern how to best spend its treasure in the service of our faith and ideals. In short, you will help NYM be the change we wish to see in the world! Please join us for this important and joyful work.
There will be finance-related sessions Thursday night, Saturday afternoon, and possibly Sunday morning. Come to all sessions or plug in whenever you can. Important background information will be posted on the session website a week ahead of time.
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. (Matthew 6:21)