2018 Colorado Quaker Women's Retreat
2018 COLORADO QUAKER WOMEN’S ANNUAL RETREAT
April 27-29 at Highlands Presbyterian Camp and Retreat Center, Allenspark, CO
Please register by Sunday, March 18. Space is limited, so please register early.
(You may check with us after that date to see if space is still available.)
Theme: Playing with Spirit and the Arts
With so many things wrong in our world, it’s easy to forget that we also need to nurture ourselves. Let’s get together to do that by exploring art, sharing our spirits, our spiritual insights, and considering what steps we can take to send out positive ripples from our actions.
- When times are hard, what types of creativity help you find your quiet center?
- What kind of art do you enjoy doing for the pleasure and renewal the creative process gives you? Describe a time when being creative especially renewed you.
- What spiritual practices help you in good times and/or in hard times? When has a particular practice helped you in a really strong way?
- Describe a technique that especially helped you heal from or stay strong during a time of stress.
More queries may be sent out in March before we gather. Please share any ideas you have for activities around the theme.
Bring a snack to share. We will gather as a circle to introduce ourselves and our theme.
Yoga or Tai Chi or other early-morning exercises
Creative time – performing, writing, painting, drawing, music, collage etc.
Yoga/Tai Chi or other early-morning exercises, worship sharing, cabin cleaning, Meeting for Worship, evaluations, lunch.
Accommodations: There are two options for lodging:
- Modern (heated!) cabins with dorm-style bunk beds, shared bathrooms, and lounge
- Retreat Center rooms (hotel-style), sleeping 3-6 people each
On the registration form, you can select any or all meals from breakfast Saturday through lunch on Sunday. Vegetarian options are available, and special dietary requests can be accommodated.
For questions or more information about this please contact Gail Hoffman (Mountain View Friends Meeting) at (303) 989-6454 or [email protected]