Donations for Family Promise
During November and December, the Peace & Outreach Committee will have a box inside the meetinghouse entryway to collect donations of the following items for the Family Promise program. Please give generously!
**Especially Needed Supplies: disinfecting spray and wipes, toilet paper, brooms, mops, new pillows**
The following items would also be welcome donations:
- Bathroom Supplies – paper towels, liquid hand soap
- Cleaning Supplies – Scrubbing Bubbles, Comet, Windex, toilet cleaner, Clorox Toilet Wand refills, dustpan/brush, sponges
- Baby Supplies – diapers (size 3 and up), boys pull- ups (size 4T-5T), wipes
- Laundry Supplies – detergent, dryer sheet, fabric softener, bleach
- Gift Cards – such as Walmart, Target, and Wawa
- Special toiletries – Feminine hygiene products, hair relaxers or any other hair products
Family Promise of Northern New Castle County is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization that prevents and ends homelessness for families by engaging faithbased congregations, volunteers, and donors.
Since March of 2015, Hockessin Friends Meeting members and attenders have been volunteering with Family Promise, making meals for families staying at the Westminister Presbyterian Church in Wilmington. Find out more by talking to someone who has volunteered, by visiting the website https://www.familypromisede.org/, and by signing up to help next time!
Also, please plan to attend a presentation by Carolyn Gordon, Executive Director of Family Promise of Northern New Castle County, after potluck at Hockessin Meeting on Sunday, January 21.