Frederick Friends Meeting is connected to Quaker and Quaker-affiliated organizations both within the mid-Atlantic region and around the United States and the world. Here are a collection of links to those organizations.
Regional and Umbrella Organizations
- Baltimore Yearly Meeting (BYM): The regional organizing unit for Quakers in most of Virginia, the portion of Maryland west of the Chesapeake Bay, central Pennsylvania, the District of Columbia, and parts of West Virginia.
- Friends General Conference (FGC): An association of regional Quaker organizations from the liberal tradition in North America.
- Friends United Meeting (FUM): An association of regional Quaker organizations from the pastoral tradition in North America, the Caribbean, East Africa, and the Middle East.
- Evangelical Friends Church International (EFI): An association of regional Quaker organizations from the evangelical tradition in North America, Latin America, Europe, East Africa, and Southeast Asia.
- Friends World Committee for Consultation (FWCC): An association encouraging fellowship among all the branches of the Religious Society of Friends.
- FWCC Section of the Americas
- Voices of Friends: The online outreach arm of the Wider Quaker Fellowship, a project of FWCC Section of the Americas.
Peace and Social Concerns
- Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP): A network of volunteers, initially supported by Quakers, running workshops for anyone who wants to find ways of resolving conflict without resorting to violence.
- American Friends Service Committee (AFSC): A Quaker organization that promotes lasting peace with justice, as a practical expression of faith in action.
- Christian Peacemaker Teams (CPT): An ecumenical network of Christians waging nonviolent direct action to confront systems of violence and oppression.
- Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL): A nonpartisan, multi-issue advocacy lobby connecting historic Quaker testimonies on peace, equality, simplicity, and truth with peace and social justice issues.
- Friends Peace Teams Project: A Spirit-led organization working around the world to develop long-term relationships with communities in conflict to create programs for peacebuilding, healing and reconciliation.
- Quaker Bolivia Link: An international, non-sectarian development organization guided by Quaker principles and dedicated to reducing poverty among the indigenous peoples of Bolivia.
- Quaker United Nations Office (QUNO): A Quaker presence at the U.N. representing Friends' concerns for global peace and justice to the international community.
- Right Sharing of World Resources: A Quaker micro-credit organization that supports grassroots income-generating projects in developing countries, led by women, many of whom are making less than a dollar a day.
Conference and Retreat Centers
- Pendle Hill: A Quaker study, retreat, and conference center that seeks to transform lives and foster peace with justice in the world.
- Friends Wilderness Center: A place of peace and tranquility within a unique 1,400-acre wilderness preserve and spiritual sanctuary on the western side of the Blue Ridge mountains.
- William Penn House: A Quaker center on Capitol Hill that engages people from all walks of life with issues of peace, reconciliation, social and economic justice, and environmental awareness, through inward reflection, hands-on experience, education, and community building.
Youth and Education
- BYM Youth Programs:
- BYM Junior Young Friends: For 11- to 14-year-olds.
- BYM Young Friends: For 14- to 20-year-olds.
- BYM Young Adult Friends: For 18- to 38-year-olds.
- BYM Camping Program: Quaker summer camps at Catoctin, Opequeon, and Shiloh, as well as Teen Adventure.
- Local Friends Schools: Primary and secondary schools under the care of BYM.
- Quaker Voluntary Service: A placement organization for Friends seeking to participate in Spirit-led service communities in the U.S.
- Youth Services Opportunities Project (YSOP): An organization, founded by Quakers, providing high-quality volunteer service experiences in New York City and Washington, D.C.
- Friends Journal
- Friends United Press
- Quaker Heritage Press
- Quaker Life
- Quakers Uniting in Publications (QUIP)
- Pendle Hill Bookstore
- Tract Association of Friends
- Western Friend