2019 -06 (June) Documents for Meeting for Business
Meeting for Worship for Business
June 16, 2019 beginning promptly at 12:15
Agenda (see document links below)
- Opening Worship and Reading of the Sixth Query
- Finance (proposed budget) (Decision Needed)
- Religious Education Committee
- Office Committee
- Peace & Social Concerns
- Quarter Representatives
- Approval of Minutes of May Meeting for Business
- Clerks' Meeting is September 9 at 12:15 in the worship room
- September Annual Reports Due
- Treasurer Annual Report
- Easy Evens for the Summer
- July--Office and Administration
- Property Committee
- Revised State of the Meeting Report
- Closing Worship
Query for 6th Month -- Equality
How does our Meeting help to create and maintain a society whose institutions recognize and do away with the inequities rooted in patterns of prejudice and economic convenience?
Is our Meeting open to all regardless of race, ability, sexual orientation, or class?
What steps are we taking as a Meeting to assure that our Meeting and the committees and institutions under our care reflect our respect for all and are free from practices rooted in prejudice?
Do I examine myself for aspects of prejudice that may be buried, including beliefs that seem to justify biases based on race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, class, and feelings of inferiority or superiority?
What am I doing to help overcome the contemporary effects of past and present oppression?
Am I teaching my children, and do I show through my way of living, that love of God includes affirming the equality of people, treating others with dignity and respect, and seeking to recognize and address that of God within every person?