Query for Sixth Month: Stewardship of Resources
- How does our meeting accommodate ecological, economic and social justice in its uses of property and money?
- Does our meeting engage its members in supporting the meeting’s work, its ministry and the upkeep of its property?
- Does our meeting encourage its members to support with their time, energy and finances the quarterly and yearly meetings and other Quaker organizations?
- To what extent does our meeting rely on current members and attenders for financial support and to what extent on other sources?
- How do I demonstrate in my own decision making a concern for ecological, economic and social justice?
- How do I simplify my needs, making choices that balance self-sufficiency and fair sharing of resources?
- Do I balance my work-life and other activities with the time and energy needed for my spiritual growth and service?
- Do I contribute to the work of Friends in my meeting, in the quarterly and yearly meetings and in the wider world of Friends?
Please consider before you comment
As you participate and comment on topics in this discussion, before you click submit, pause for a moment to reflect and listen deeply to Spirit.
Participation on this board is to be carried out in the spirit of Friends. This is a place to respectfully ask difficult questions, share experiences, feelings and perspectives around these issues, as well as to listen deeply to others and Spirit. Please be constructive and mutually respectful even in the midst of differing perspectives. The moderator retains the right to delete inappropriate comments.