As I read these issues, I realize that most of them would require lobbying either on the state level or the national leve. The only two that are not government related are the ones addressing systemic racism and reaching out to other religious organizations.
Peace & Justice Committee Issues
* Work to create multi-part state
* Work to eliminate extreme gerrymandering and voter suppression laws in Alabama
* Work to make the Alabama Legislature fair and just, adopting and enforcing a code of ethics
* Work to eliminate systemic racism and white european supremecy
* Prevent cuts to Medicaid, Medicare & Social Security
* Work to end predatory lending
* Work for Constitutional Reform in Alabama
* Reach out to other religious groups
While these are the issues the committee has discussed - please comment on these or other issues the committee should be concerned with.
Please consider before you comment
As you participate and comment on topics in this discussion, before you click submit, pause for a moment to reflect and listen deeply to Spirit.
Participation on this board is to be carried out in the spirit of Friends. This is a place to respectfully ask difficult questions, share experiences, feelings and perspectives around these issues, as well as to listen deeply to others and Spirit. Please be constructive and mutually respectful even in the midst of differing perspectives. The moderator retains the right to delete inappropriate comments.