Schedule of Upcoming Meeting Events - click here to see more
IMPORTANT: The Meetinghouse will be closed to regular use and group gatherings until further notice. Please check Events for links to virtual worship.
- Sunday, Sep 20 - Ministry and Counsel: “Open to Spirit” We will hear, first hand, how spirit fuels action in the lives of Friends and transition into worship sharing.
- Oct 4, 2020: Meeting For Business
- Oct 11, 2020: Peace Social and Earth Concerns: Understanding the call to defund the police. Looking at what people mean by that demand and at one approach that the City of Madison and the Dane County Board of Supervisors are supporting.
*Virtual Meetings for Worship, Business and Committees will be held by video or phone: Check Events for more details.
How to participate in virtual meetings with Zoom (created for NYM)
Every Sunday: 8:30 Meeting for Worship, 9:45 program or socializing, 11:15 Meeting for Worship.
Worship Meetings and the Gathering today use the same Zoom connection from a computer, tablet or smartphone: https://zoom.us/j/723937143?pwd=aUlsbVRsT1lkaldMNEJ3bkMxYXhjQT09 The link includes the password, but it is Quaker if you are asked.
From a phone (for just audio): 312-626-6799 and enter the Meeting ID: 723 937 143 # and then the password 888622
You will be muted when you enter the meeting.
First Day School activities: Please contact [email protected] for information and details.
ONGOING SCHEDULE and information when the Meetinghouse reopens in the future:
*Driving to Meeting: If you are able to walk to the Meetinghouse please park in the neighborhood: in the Monroe St Library lot or on West Lawn, Keyes or Rowley. First priority for Meetinghouse parking lot is for folks with mobility concerns!
- 8:30 am - Meeting for Worship
- 9:45 am - weekly except First Sundays: Socializing and Quaker Topic forums* (Brunch only during the school year, but often there are snacks at the Meetinghouse)
- 9:45 am - First Sundays: Monthly Meeting for Business on the Basis of Worship begins - Direct concerns to the presiding clerk ([email protected]) by Wednesday prior to Meeting. Childcare will be provided for children aged 6 weeks -10 years downstairs.
- 1st & 3rdD Sundays: Sand Ridge Meeting for Worship Group, 3981 County Road JJ, 767-2885
- 11:15 am - Meeting for Worship. First Day School classes and nursery, or when not in session there are activities and supervision for children downstairs during Meeting for Worship.
- 12:30 pm (1st Sunday) - Food Pantry Baskets picked up from beneath the coat rack
- 5:30 pm - Meeting for Worship
- 4:45 pm - Luke House Community Meal, 310 S. Ingersoll St. (1st Wednesday)
- 5:30 pm - Meeting for Worship
- 1:00 pm (1st Sunday) - PSEC Climate Change Subcommittee
- 1:00 pm (3rd Sunday) - Peace, Social & Earth Concerns Committee (PSEC)
- 1:00 pm (4th Sunday) - PSEC Anti-racism subcommittee
- 7:00 pm - Nominating Committee (1st Thursday)
- 6:30 pm - Finance Committee (2nd Thursday)
- 7:00 pm - Building & Grounds Committee (2nd Thursday)
- 7:00 pm - Care Committee (3rd Thursday)
- 7:00 pm - Ministry & Counsel(3rd Thursday)
*Friends are invited to lead or contribute ideas for the Gathering program. For Quaker Topics or other program scheduling, contact Eric Howland (233-7072, [email protected]).