Upcoming Meeting Events - click here to see more
April 21, 9:45am - Earth Day Celebration:
- Downstairs: all-age event hosted by Julie Shaull to show us why and how Friends can join (and encourage) neighborhood and City efforts to restore the environmental health of our end of the bicycle corridor. Downstairs activities will feature a talk and slide show by Sue Reindollar. Sue created the diverse and beautiful Dudgeon Monroe Prairie at Odana and the S.W. Bicycle path, and has worked with other neighborhood enthusiasts through years of growing, planting, and tending vegetation. Hands on activities will include making seed-bombs and playing creative group nature games.
- Upstairs (9:45am-11am): come find out what other Quakers are doing in the community to help the earth! There will be tables in the main worship room that will showcase 350-Madison, Farley Center, Citizens Climate Lobby, The Prairie Enthusiasts, and more. See how you can get involved in these organizations to help the earth. Also there will be sign ups for discussion groups and a challenge pledge table hosted by the middle schoolers.
April 28, 9:45 am: Visit from Riley Robinson of FCNL (Friends Committee on National Legislation)
May 5, 9:45 am: Monthly Meeting for Business on the Basis of Worship begins - Direct concerns to the presiding clerk ([email protected]) by Wednesday prior to Meeting. Childcare will be provided for children aged 6 weeks -10 years downstairs (please drop child/children off downstairs and sign in with the care providers; return to pick up between 11:05 and 11:15 am).
May 12, 9:45 am: Madison Quakers Inc projects in Vietnam. Learn about the inspiring work of peace and reconciliation led by Vietnam War veteran Mike Boehm. More info about MQI Vietnam here
Memorial Day weekend, May 24-27: Northern Yearly Meeting at the Lion’s Camp in Rosholt WI. Fun and enriching activities for all ages, and Yearly Meeting business. Greet old Friends and make new ones! Learn more or register here. Ask someone who's been there if you want to know why it's so great to be there.
*Driving to Meeting: If you are able to walk to the Meetinghouse please park in the neighborhood: in the Monroe St Library lot or on West Lawn, Keyes or Rowley. First priority for Meetinghouse parking lot is for folks with mobility concerns!
- 8:30 am - Meeting for Worship
- 9:45 am - weekly except First Sundays: Brunch and Quaker Topic forums*
- 9:45 am - First Sundays: Monthly Meeting for Business on the Basis of Worship begins - Direct concerns to the presiding clerk ([email protected]) by Wednesday prior to Meeting. Childcare will be provided for children aged 6 weeks -10 years downstairs (please drop child/children off downstairs and sign in with the care providers; return to pick up between 11:05 and 11:15 am).
- 1st & 3rd Sundays: Sand Ridge Meeting for Worship Group, 3981 County Road JJ, 767-2885
- 11:15 am - Meeting for Worship. First Day School classes will resume Sept 16, but until then, there will be activities and supervision for children downstairs during Meeting for Worship.
- 12:30 pm (1st Sunday) - Food Pantry Baskets picked up from beneath the coat rack
- 5:30 pm - Meeting for Worship
- 6:00 pm - Finance Commitee (3rd Mondays)
- 4:45 pm - Luke House Community Meal, 310 S. Ingersoll St. (1st Wednesday)
- 5:30 pm - Meeting for Worship
- 7:00 pm - Care Commitee (3rd Thursday)
- 7:00 pm - Ministry & Counsel(3rd Thursday)
- 7:00 pm - AFSC Committee (4th Thursdays)
*Friends are invited to lead or contribute ideas for the Gathering program. For Quaker Topics or other program scheduling, contact Eric Howland (233-7072, [email protected]).