How to Get Involved in the Meeting
Get to know other members and attenders by coming out and/or volunteering:
- Worship with us!
- Sign up to receive the weekly announcements and the monthly newsletter.
- Bring a dish to share for potluck on the 4th Sundays after the 10:30 Meeting, September - May.
- Come to Work Day, the first Saturday of every month, 9am - noon at the Meetinghouse, helping the Buildings and Grounds Committee.
- Stay for the Spiritual Journey presentations after the 10:30 Meeting on first Sundays September - May.
- Offer to help with First Day School as a second adult in one of our children's classes, 10:15 a.m. Sunday during the school year. Or help with the little ones in the nursery downstairs. (in the summer, you can help take the children to the park)
- Volunteer to be a Greeter at the door before the 9:00 or 10:30 Meeting for Worship.
- Donate water, hot chocolate and socks for people experiencing homelessness. You can help distribute on the first and third Thursdayas at 6:45pm.
- Join the Peace & Justice Committee, and/or volunteer in social ministries recommended by the American Friends Service Committee, or the Friends Council on National Legislation.
- Sign up for a Friendly Dinner group - a monthly gathering of a small group of Friends, a way to get to know a few people better.
- Come to the fall and winter Spaghetti Dinners.
- Add your name to the Meeting Directory - an announcement is usually made around November.
- Register to be a member of this MVMF website, to see non-public documents and information.
- Contribute to the Meeting's Works through a financial contribution.
- Bring your thoughts and concerns to Business Meeting.
You can speak with the "Friend in the Alcove" on Sunday mornings after meeting to ask who to contact for any of these events or if you have other questions.