Friends General Conference

Nurturing faith and Quaker practice

Bequest and Legacy Gifts

Making provisions in your will to support Friends General Conference can take several forms. Simply indicating in your will that a portion of your assets should be left as a bequest to Friends General Conference is the easiest.  However, increasingly, donors are using matured life insurance policies and retirement assets as ways of making gifts and reducing inheritance taxes.

Access how-to-do-it by downloading the files found at the bottom of the page!

Make Your Bequest A Lasting Legacy

Imagine the great things that we can do if Friends were to leave just 3% of their estates to Quaker Organizations.  So we ask: If your family is easy receiving 97% of your estate, would you consider leaving just 3% (or whatever amount you are able) to FGC?  Estate gifts such as this will help FGC to ensure a vital future for the Religious Society of Friends.

Give Through Life Insurance

Friends of modest means are often surprised to find that there is a way to make a substantial legacy gift to Quakerism by using life insurance as a charitable tool. Instead of signing over an existing policy, buy a new one and make the premium payments tax-deductible contributions. It's easier than you think, and you may be pleasantly surprised at how your modest annual premium contributions will multiply into a substantial gift.

Contribute Retirement Assets

A gift of your retirement assets [IRA, 401(k), 403(b), pension or other tax deferred plan] is an excellent way to make a gift. If you are like most people, you probably will not use all of your retirement assets during your lifetime. Make a gift and help further our mission.


Friends General Conference will be glad to answer any questions you may have regarding planned giving.  Our Stewardship Services Program, in partnership with Friends Fiduciary Corporation and Everence, will be pleased to work with you to create a plan that balances your financial and philanthropic goals.  The results of such planning can provide you and your loved ones with many benefits and have a lasting impact on FGC and other charities of your choice. 

Everence is a Mennonite financial services organization.  FGC and Everence are working in partnership through FGC’s Stewardship Services Program to provide a wide range of estate and financial planning services to Friends.

FGC is not a financial, legal or tax advisor. Please consult with your own advisors regarding your financial, legal, or tax needs to make certain that a contemplated gift fits well into your overall circumstances and planning. The discussion and examples in this section are for illustrative and educational purposes only and are not a solicitation or offer.

The contents of this page were made available to FGC in whole or in part by Everence. © 2012 Everence

Interested in learning more?

Contact Larry Jalowiec, FGC's Director of Stewardship Services,
at 215-588-4203 (cell) or plannedgiving@fgcquaker.org

He will be happy to assist you!