Friends General Conference is seeking candidates for a full-time Development Associate to become part of FGC’s dynamic development program. This position works closely with the Development Manager, Associate Secretary for Development, and Director of Stewardship Services, an outstanding Development Committee, and the full FGC staff. It is an exciting opportunity to serve the Religious Society of Friends and to move into a rewarding development career, with lots of opportunities in the nonprofit world.
The duties of this position include: support for the annual fund and planned giving, gift entry and acknowledgment, mailing coordination, web content revisions, and reconciling contributions with accounting.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years experience in an administrative support position desired, preferably in fundraising or a development office
- Good keyboarding skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and mail applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Strong comfort level with importing/exporting database data and query analysis (Microsoft Access)
- Experience using a donor management system (Donor Perfect preferred), a contact management system (SalesForce preferred), and a web-based content management system (Drupal preferred)
- Experience working in a computerized office environment with skills sufficient to prepare correspondence, reports, forms, etc. with speed and accuracy, including the willingness to learn and use new computer programs/applications
- Writing skills sufficient to compose and edit a variety of documents using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, with the ability to pay close attention to detail and proofread work carefully
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to act as a resource for, provide support service in a courteous manner to, and work effectively with diverse groups of people at various levels within an organization (staff, board, committee members, and volunteers)
- Must be able to travel occasionally to other meeting destinations as required by the organization
- Familiarity with the principles of the Religious Society of Friends generally & FGC’s mission and goals specifically is highly desired
Supervisor: Development Manager
Hours: 100% Time, Exempt
Salary: Range IV with full benefits
To apply, submit your letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com, with Development Associate in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.