Vital Friends is FGC's monthly eNewsletter that shares news, resources, and announcements with Friends. Below is the introductory text and table of contents.
FGC is proud to provide resources to individual Friends and Quaker meetings that aim to treat every day like Earth Day. We strive to see "that of God" in all creation and lead lives that are sustainable and encourage others to do the same. In this issue, learn more about the green grants we offer through the Friends Meeting House Fund; meet our new Conference and Events Associate Elizabeth Piersol Schmidt; view a web resource and a reading list from QuakerBooks & More to inspire your family's sustainability efforts; check out important updates and deadlines about the FGC Gathering; and read an interview with upcoming Gathering plenary speaker Pamela Boyce Simms about Earthcare and how to adopt a more eco-friendly mindset.
In the Spirit,
The Staff of FGC
This issue contains:
- Featured Program: Friends Meeting House Fund
- Welcome to FGC: Elizabeth Piersol Schmidt
- QuakerBooks Reading List: Earth Day Recommendations
- Featured Resource: Nurturing a Sustainable Family
- Gathering 2017: Registration Updates and Deadlines
- Words with Friends: Pamela Boyce Simms
- Show us your Meeting House!
Missed an issue of Vital Friends? View past issues on our online eNewsletter archive page.