FGC’s Ministry on Racism Program is sponsoring a Gathering for Friends of Color and their immediate family members
Overnight accommodations will be at Pendle Hill, Wallingford, PA
Meals & program will be held at Providence Meetinghouse, Media, PA
This fall FGC’s Ministry on Racism Program is sponsoring an opportunity for Friends of Color and their families on the East Coast to come together to build an incredible multigenerational community through:
- Mutual support and sharing
- Exploring our Faith
- Sharing what brought us to Friends
- Identifying ways to support each other
$155/Adult shared room $90/Under 11 years old
$195/Adult Single $55/Commuters under 11 years old
$125/Adult Commuters $0/3 years or younger
At this time, we are inviting Friends of Color with members of their immediate family
It will be held November 2nd to 4th, 2012 at Pendle Hill and Providence Friends Meeting in Wallingford and Media, Pennsylvania.
Important notes on registration and logistics:
As stated, the space is limited at this conference. PLEASE REGISTER EARLY if you would like to attend.
- The Registration Deadline for Friends staying at Pendle Hill is Thursday, September 20th, 2012 in order for us to get our final count of attenders to the retreat center, per their requirement.
- If you experience trouble with the form, please call or email Vanessa Julye, the Ministry on Racism Coordinator, @ 215-561-1700 X 3006, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fee for the weekend: includes two nights’ lodging in double/single rooms, all meals, snacks, meeting space, and associated administrative/staff costs.
- The Registration Deadline for Friends commuting is Monday, October 8, 2012.
Payments, Refunds and Cancellation Fees - Please Note:
For Friends registering to stay at Pendle Hill:
- You may cancel your registration until 9/20/2012 without paying a cancellation fee.
- If you cancel after 9/20/2012 you will be charged the full price of your registration.
(Otherwise, FGC will be obligated to pay the full price for your room to the conference center.)
- The Conference Fees are due in full by 10/22/2012 unless otherwise arranged with Vanessa Julye, FGC Ministry on Racism Program Coordinator.
- There is a Cancellation Fee of $50.00 from 10/8/2012 until 10/22/2012.
- Cancellations: After 10/22/2012 Full Payment will be required even if you have to cancel.
Please make checks payable to Friends General Conference, with "Gifts & Challenges" in the note line on the check. Please send payment c/o Vanessa Julye, FGC, 1216 Arch Street, Suite 2B, Philadelphia, PA 19107.
- Friends are expected to pay for their own travel and retreat fees. Although we would love to provide generous assistance to attend the retreat, we are unable to do so. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to seek assistance from your monthly and yearly meetings.
- It may be possible for Friends to arrive early or stay late, but you must make arrangements for extra nights in advance and directly with the staff at Pendle Hill.
- Transportation planning: FGC will not provide transportation to the Center or meetinghouse. There is excellent public transportation from the airport, the train and bus stations. Taxis and van service are also available. For directions and other information about the Pendle Hill, please visit the directions page on the Pendle Hill or Providence Friends Meeting websites
If you have questions about this opportunity either Janice or Vanessa will be happy to assist you.
Committee for Nurturing Ministries
Staff, Committee for Nurturing Ministries, Ministry on Racism Coordinator