For couples in committed relationships, this workshop includes worship, worship sharing, and experiential exercises in a group atmosphere of increasing trust. Using couple dialogue, we hope to increase communication skills, spiritual depth, intimacy, and the ability to handle conflict and anger. Our goal is enrichment of the relationship, not therapy.
A Couple Enrichment retreat offers an opportunity for couples to nurture their relationships and hone good communication skills.
Workshops are open to any couple in a committed relationship regardless of marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or meeting affiliation. Parents of young children are especially encouraged - we have them too, and understand deeply both the inherent complications of this stage of life AND how precious some time to focus on each other can be.
Events are conducted in a worshipful Quaker atmosphere of trust and respect. Through the use of couple dialogue (private and public) and experiential exercises, we hope to increase communication skills, spiritual depth, intimacy, and the ability to creatively utilize conflict (and the accompanying strong emotions) to grow the relationship.
Couples can expect to:
- Take stock, reviewing together what you value in each other and the relationship
- Take time to work through differences or unresolved disagreements
- See how other couples relate, as well as how they struggle with similar issues
- Witness the power of Spirit-filled growth in your relationship
- Take home tools and techniques to help you deepen your connection in your daily life together
Steph and Dave have led Couple Enrichment workshops in the BYM area off and on since 2006, interspersed with raising two high energy boys and a teenager. In 2014, they led a week long Couple Enrichment workshop at FGC.