Warm greetings from Mary Barnes, Consignment Coordinator, to Friends who may be considering a consignment at the 2013 Gathering of Friends in Greeley, CO. As in the past, all sales at the Gathering of Friends must go through the Gathering Store. You will receive 70% of your selling price; a 30% commission supports the Gathering of Friends as well as the FGC Bookstore.
If you decide to sell items in this year's Gathering Store:
- Fill out the accompanying Consignment Registration Form and send it to me at least by May 31, 2013. Email or mail it to Mary Barnes.
- We will only accept prearranged consignments at the Gathering. If you have any inkling to participate, be sure to register now and cancel later if need be.
- You must hear that your Consignment Registration Form is received! If you do not hear from me that means I did not receive it and you need to send it again.
- With table space limited, you may display only items for sale (and small business cards or post cards describing the artist or craftsperson). Organizations that wish to distribute free flyers and brochures should make advance arrangements by May 31st to reserve space in the exhibit area or use the leafletting table in the exhibit table.
- After May 31st I will send you a Consignment Inventory Form with detailed instructions and information on shipping goods to the Gathering store as well as checking in and checking out procedures.
As usual, space will be tight. We don’t know exactly what kind of space we’ll have, but we hope to be able to accommodate everyone and have an attractive, congenial atmosphere. We are asking you to estimate the portion of table space or freestanding floor space your inventory needs. We do not expect to be able to assign more than ½ a table to any one consigner. Space assignments will be proportional if we have more or less space. You will need to bring all fixtures other than tables for your display. We are not able to provide any shelves, table coverings, or other props.